Chapter 60: Fellow Graduates

Start from the beginning

"I can't chill. My first child has graduated from college. I sent your speech to your grandfather, honey. He was really proud." He kisses my head. "Don't forget to send the rest of it to me, son." He tells Austin then looks at the phone Adam's been patiently been holding.

After taking a few shots, he hands the phone to me. My dad looks at the photos with.

"These look perfect, son." He comments and Adam just nods at him.

"Sweetie, did you take pictures with Liam?" My mum asks as she joins us.

"No."

"Well, come on."

****

"You look so fucking beautiful." Adam tells me when it's just us.

"Thank you. You look so hot. It's annoying cause all the girls keep checking you out."

He grips my waist and rubs my nose with his. "Let's get you home. I missed you so I'm done sharing you with everyone."

"Okay. I'm actually tired. My graduation turned into a whole photoshoot. It's like I'm at work." I pout and he kisses it. "Go say goodbye to your friends. I will tell Wesley to pull up the car."

I'm see Nicole, Emily, Jasmine and Chloe standing together. I can't believe it. Our freshmen year wasn't long ago but here we are today.

"I'm so proud of us guys! Only one pregnancy, one failed engagement, and one abduction. Not too bad for four years." Nicole says, hugging me by the side.

"Funny how you didn't to mention your fake wedding charade." I tell her.

"That's neither here nor there."

"I can't believe there's a human in me. Isn't that crazy?" Emily smile.

"I always thought Jas will the first to get pregnant." Chloes says and Jas looks at her. "Why? Cause I'm black?"

"What? No! That's not what I mean I swear. You've just always loved babies."

"Chill. I'm just messing with you."

"I gotta go, guys. Adam's waiting."

"You're not coming to the after party?" Nicole asks.

"What after party?

"The after party!" They all exclaim.

"What after party?" I repeat. I have no idea what they're talking about. I haven't checked my messages or gone online in hours.

"At Aaron's house. You can't miss that and it's my last night here." Chloe explains.

"But-"

"Pleaseeee. Even Emily is attending and she's pregnant." Nicole says.

"Fine." I give in. What can I say? I've been a people pleaser my whole life, especially when it comes to my friends.

"Yayy!"

I walk back to Adam and he smiles when he sees me. "Ready to go?"

"Um..."

His smile drops."What is it?" He asks so I explain the situation to him.

"Are you sure you need to attend this party? You said you were tired."

"I'll be fine. I will feel worse if I miss out on anything."

He stares at me with hard eyes as if he's analyzing me then gives in. "Okay."

"I know you wanted us to have dinner. I'm sorry." I tell him sincerely but he shakes his head. "Whatever you want."