Chapter 49: Wildest Dreams

Start from the beginning

" Besides, I know you're gonna forget me as soon as you land and put your 1st foot in the camp. You love your passion too much." She commented with a cute face.

" Not more than you, of course." He grinned flaunting his dimples.

" Liar..."

' This is an announcement for the passengers boarding the flight to Paris. '

Both of them looked away for a second before looking at each other again. It was settled that Rose ought to drop Aman for obvious reasons and they had protested of course but then now they both feel it was the best decision. They needed all the time together. It was a good idea to bid the others farewell at home.

" I love you..." He confessed again.

" I know." She smiled.

" I'll bring you something pretty." He added hastily.

Well, it was the first time they were gonna be away from each other for such a long time. And the distance made it pinch even more.

" I don't need anything pretty. You bring yourself back in one pretty piece is more than enough for me. " She smiled.

" Fine! I'll go, then?" He shouldn't have asked that because he could suddenly see tears pricking in her round eyes.

" Yea... Go." She pushed him away but in return, he only pulled her closer to give her a long lingering kiss on her sweet lips.

He was barely a few steps when her restless heart called him, " Aman, hey..."

In the quickest impulse, he turned around.

" I know I'm a terrible singer but I always imagined a time when I could sing this one for you ---" He looked confused.

' A final announcement for the passengers boarding the flight to Paris. '

Rose felt her heart pumping and perhaps Aman thought looking at her that if he missed his flight he wouldn't regret it even a bit. Because Rose was worth all of it.

" 🎶 Say you'll remember me standing in a nice dress
Staring at the sunset, babe
Red lips and rosy cheeks
Say you'll see me again
Even if it's just in your wildest dreams...🎶 " She smiled, her eyes were moist.

" Keep dreaming about me. I love you too." She couldn't send him away without that, could she?

Aman didn't care for a world as he took long strides back to her only to kiss her again. And it was even more intense and emotional than before.

" Gooo Now..." She pushed him again. She didn't wish for him to miss his flight and he didn't.

But, it was the most memorable week of Aman's life and the most longing one for Rose. Well, they missed each other and spoke on video calls only thrice, and sometimes through messages, Rose had been counting, but it indeed played a pivotal role in the trajectory of their lives. When Aman returned he did bring not something but many things pretty for Rose and they were so happily reunited. But in his heart, he had come to realize that Rose was correct. He did love his passion more than he acknowledged he did but his young self had no clue that he'd be forced to choose between the two of them so soon.

" Rose, Rose... Are you okay?" Aavya asked as a Rose wiped a lone tear off her face.

" Sorry, were you asleep?" Aavya might've had tens of things to worry about but here she was. She had seen Rose resting on a chair in the corridor in the most uncomfortable manner. Her eyes were closed but she noticed the tears trickling down. It broke her heart. If only she could help.