"You don't remember?" Emily asked confused.

I shook my head. The nurse snatched a clipboard that was hanging off the edge of the bed. He leafed through the pages.

"What's wrong with me?" I asked.

"I'll go get the doctor to explain it, and look you over."

The fussy nurse quickly departed.

"How did I get here?"

"Well one of the girls came downstairs, and saw you lying at the bottom of the stairs. She started to scream for help, and that's when I came to find out what was going on. You were passed at at the bottom of the steps, so I called 911."

The memories started rushing back to me. I was here because of that damn mate pull. Everything came back in flashes from the nausea at the top of the steps, to the splitting migraine, to what Mia had said to me right before I felt sick.

"Where is Mia?" I questioned.

"She's at home. She was here yesterday along with a few other girls from the home."

"How long have I been here?"

"Three days. The doctor said he wanted to keep you out of things so you could heal properly before you woke up."

"What's wrong with me?" I asked as I got back under the covers, and sat propped up against the pillows. Emily helped me shift into this position so I didn't pull on the chords attached to me.

"Honestly I don't know much. The doctor said you had been dehydrated, and seemed to have some type of flu running through you. You got a minor concussion from falling. They never really explained much more," she said, glowering at the ground.

Just then the doctor came in, and I got the shock of a lifetime when he entered. I recognized him right away as a member of the Steffen's pack. I had seen him a few times before talking to pack members, and at the pack house when I was brought upstairs the last time I had been kidnapped.

I acted instinctively. My fists clenched, prepared to fight back in case he attacked me. But I quickly jumped up to flee for it before he could harm me, but was tangled in my bed sheets and all the cords attached to me.

"Wow!" Emily said. She pushed me back into the bed, and started to untangle me. "Calm down!"

"What are you doing here?" I spat at the doctor, still struggling against Emily. My body was too weak to do any help.

"Don't worry, I won't hurt you. Just calm down," his arms were held up in a way you would when trying to show an animal you mean them no harm to keep them from charging. "The last thing you need to do right now is stress yourself out," the doctor instructed in a gentle tone.

I eyed the doctor, debating if he could be trusted. He offered me a reassuring smile, so I slumped back against the pillows. My body was still tense, poised to flee.

Emily shot a confused look between us, before sitting back down in the chair next to me.

"My name is Dr. Tourow."

He held out his hand to shake it. I eyed it, then gave him my best 'are you kidding me' look. His hand dropped.

"You don't have to worry, I won't hurt you. Do you mind giving us a moment?" He asked Emily.

Emily shot me a look. I didn't answer.

"I'd just like to ask her a few personal questions, about some circumstances. Just to understand what is happening to her body better."

He looked back at me, and I saw his eyes darken for a moment before returning to their natural light brown shade. I got the message clearly.

"Is it ok if I leave?" Emily asked.