Hex (Chapter 10)

Warnings: None

Void continued to monitor their interaction until a villager came up to him, asking for his help with something

Void continued to monitor their interaction until a villager came up to him, asking for his help with something. He didn't want to leave his brother alone with Hex, but at the same time he didn't want to be rude so he reluctantly agreed.

Wish sighed softly as Void left caching Hex's attention. He turned to him and saw him now sitting on the ground, his knees to his chest and his face hidden from view.

Hex's brow furrowed as he looked at him, "Are you okay, Wish?" He asked him softly as he sat across from him. Frowning as he shook his head no, "do you want to talk about it?" He asked, his voice softening as he tried to sound comforting.

"I just don't like how they take advantage of him," Wish mumbled, his voice slightly muffled as he spoke. "And I can't figure out how to stop it that would ensure he'd stay safe."

Hex looked away slightly, "You really care about your brother, huh?" He asked. Wish looked at him before answering, "Of course I do, where all each other have."

Hex nodded, "yeah, I know how that feels, I was fairly sheltered by my parents. The only person I had in my life besides them for the longest time was someone who worked for them and he practically raised me." Hex explained as he looked down at his hands.

"Let me guess, you snuck out and that's why you didn't want to go back to your parents yet because you knew you'd be in trouble?" Wish asked with a slight smirk, causing Hex to laugh, "Ah, you read me like a book, and here I thought I'd could keep that hidden a bit longer," he joked.

"A-anyways, back to you," Hex said, changing the subject. "So, you've been experiencing nightmares as of late, may I ask what there about?" He asked but before Wish could respond he quickly added, "I-if you don't want to though you don't have to, I'm not going to force you to do anything you don't want to do" he said, blushing out of embarrassment.

Wish laughed softly at his panic, "not particularly, no. But, why do you want to know?" He asked.

"W-well, that's what friends do, right? They help each other out, a-and I'm just curious what they're about n- I-I mean, they're about." Hex stuttered out, silently cursing himself for doing so. "U-ummm... H-Here," Hex said as he handed Wish a book.

Wish looked at him confused as he took the book from him, "What's this for?" He asked, looking at its cover, it had a rather interesting design on the cover with five oval cut gems in different colors.

In the middle was the biggest gem, it was black and it looked to have the silhouette of a cartoony ghost, in the top right was a red gem that had the silhouette of a eagles head, bottom right was a plum gem with the silhouette of a stags head, bottom left looked to be the silhouette of a fish of some kind, and top left was a yellow gem that had the silhouette of a dragons head.

"I-It's so you can write down what happens in your nightmares, b-but if you don't want to do that you can use it as a sketch book or something," Hex said as he watched Wish open the book.

Before Wish could say a thing, Hex had gotten up and started running down the hill, "I'll see you later Wish!" He yelled as he ran away.

"H-hey! Wait- and he's gone..." Wish sighed as he saw him already at the bottom of the hill and running into the village. He leaned against the tree, looking up at its foliage before looking back down at the book in his lap and opening it to its first page.

≿━━━━━━━━༺💫༻━━━━━━━━≾

Characters used in chapter:

Wish, Void, & "Hex" all belong to Me (Ali Craft)