"Happy birthday Cedric."

The two sat in silence for a few minutes longer before Elle finally spoke up, "Where's Liv and Ian?"

"Haven't heard from Ian since he left school that night, and well, Liv is still acting as if this never happened and he's still there. You haven't seen her or Luke?" Dylan asked as she shook her head.

"No, Luke and she had been attached all summer, he's worried about her. She has been yachting around with Luke's family, acting as if she's fine." Elle told him as he nodded with a bitter laugh, "Sounds like Liv."

"I've written to Ian a lot too and I've gotten nothing in return. I'm worried about him." Elle whispered out as Dylan nodded, "So am I, so I wrote Dumbledore who said he was fine and just grieving. Thats better than nothing I guess."

"And how have you been? I haven't seen you since we left Hogwarts and not its the end of July." Elle asked, wanting to change the subject as best she could.

"As best as I could be. My parents thought the best way to help me was to take me to Paris for the summer, I barely got away to come here... but I would never miss my best friend's birthday." Dylan told her, "My family has gone into defence mode. My dad works all day, Chris has joined him as if they will personally catch him but it's in good faith I guess. The manor feels lonely. Mum has been trying to stay home more but it's hard opening up to her without feeling guilt." Elle opened up as Dylan nodded, knowing what that felt like.

"I felt the same. My parents, our parent's generation lost so many people to the war, it almost feels cruel to bring up how I feel about the loss of one friend." Dylan whispered out as she linked their hands together, "I agree, even if Cedric was one hell of a friend."

"My mum keeps saying how I need to overcome it. Not exactly 'get over it', but feels the same. I know they just want me to be happy but I don't know if I'll ever be as happy as I was when he was here." Dylan told her, not caring that she saw a few tears escape his eyes.

"I understand that Dylan. I don't know if I'll ever get over his death, but I hope one day I can say 'im happy' and truly mean it." Elle added on, letting her few tears escape.

"And we will be. He would want us to be happy. And you'll be happy, you have Fred." Dylan hummed out as she sighed, "Yeah, but it feels as if I've been complete and utter shit to him lately. I don't know how I am supposed to be a good girlfriend to him when all I want to do is lay in silence and think of when I didnt feel this pain."

"He understands you are grieving, he probably just feels useless as he doesn't know how to help you."

"I guess so."

"I miss Ian and Olivia." Dylan whispered out as Elle nodded.

"So do I."

"I miss Cedric."

"So do I."

There was a mutual agreement between the four friends who took Cedric's death the hardest. Elle, Dylan, Ian and Olivia were all drowning, and they didnt know how to save each other, but there was an understanding that they were drowning together.

//

Luke laid beside Olivia as she slept, taking in her sleeping figure. This is the most peaceful he's seen her since they left Hogwarts. Last month they had spent it with Luke's family as they went on their annual trip, yachting around the world, this year extending it a tad longer for the kid's sake who just lost someone. Even Luke's older sister, Elizabeth, had joined them. Maybe because she needed a vacation herself, or because the minute she heard about Cedric Diggory's passing, she had unsettling big sister protection come over her.