Chapter 12

Elle sat in the Gryffindor common room, working on some potions homework when Fred came in. They awkwardly made eye contact, unsure what to say after she yelled at him earlier that week.

"Hey..." He said, rocking on the balls of his feet.

"Hey, uh, I'm really sorry about getting mad at you." She quietly said as he took a seat across from her.

"It's alright love, it was my fault all along. I'm sorry Theo took it out on you." He said to her as she nodded.

"It's alright."

"I actually just broke up with Lucy..."

"You did? Why? You seemed to like her...."

"Her and Theo obviously are still into each other, I shouldn't stand in between them." Fred lied, not wanting to tell her she did it for him.

"Oh, I understand then. I guess you're not so vile then, huh Weasley?" She teased as he playfully rolled his eyes.

"Yeah yeah, whatcha reading anyway?" He asked her as she looked down at her book.

"Potions, chapter 14, ya know, our homework." She said as he nodded.

"Oh yeah, scooch over, will you? Let's read it together." He suggested, taking the seat next to her on the couch as she sprawled the small blanket across both of their laps as he took the book in his hands.

"Sorry darling but you're going to have to reread the chapter yeah? I'll read it out to you." He said as she nodded, delicately resting her head on his shoulder as he began reading.

//

The next morning, Elle got woken up to hearing someone clear their throat. Elle groggily opened her eyes to realize she and Fred fell asleep on the couch, reading their potions book.

"Good Morning..." George cheerily said, eyeing the two.

"Morning George, what time is it?" Fred asked out in his morning voice.

"Half-past nine, breakfast is gonna finish soon, figured we should head down." George said as Fred nodded, standing up before offering his hand to Elle to pull her up. The three headed down to the great hall, taking seats across from a grinning Luke and Jackson.

"Why do you two look like the Cheshire cat?" Elle asked, pouring herself some coffee.

"Guess what we heard this morning?" Luke asked her as the three shrugged.

"Oh god, what now?" George groaned out.

"Theo told everyone that you two didn't actually sleep together. He admitted he made it up." Jackson grinned at her as her smile instantly grew.

"He did? Why?" She asked as they both shrugged.

"Dunno, glad he set the record straight though." Luke said as she nodded, suddenly a lot happier as she served herself some food. George looked over her head, giving Fred a knowing look as he briefly nodded.

George turned back to his plate as Elle loaded food on it for him, grinning to himself. He was happy that Fred had broken up with Lucy, while also glad that Fred did the right thing and helped Elle out and chose to help her instead of himself.

//

It was a month later, the last week before everyone left for Christmas. Everyone has been running around, trying to get all their assignments done before the break.

Elle spent Monday evening in the library, desperately writing her assignments.

Tuesday was spent the same, spending every minute until curfew in the library, her actually sitting with Hermione who was doing the same.