Chapter 64

The day after the Yule Ball, which also happened to be Christmas day, Elle and all of her friends took the Hogwarts Express to return home. Stepping off of the train and on the platform, Elle and Jackson quickly bid goodbye to their friends before running over to greet their parents who were all too giddy to bring them each in for hugs while they waited for Nathan to join them.

"Hi guys! How was the ball yesterday?" Mary asked, keeping her one arm looped through Elles as Elle and Jackson shared a look, knowing that drunk Fred caused some uncomfortableness.

"It was tons of fun!" Elle told Mary and Ben before they turned to look at Jackson.

"Tons of fun!" Jackson repeated with a slight head nod before Nathan made his way over to the family, greeting both of his parents before the Mackin family of five disapparate back to their Manor.

"Alright kids, take your things up to your rooms and get freshened up." Mary instructed, ushering all three kids to walk up the stairs and to their own rooms. Elle walked into her room, setting her bags down as she let out a tiny gasp when she saw Chanel.

"I missed you baby." Elle grinned, leaning down to give the purring cat some love.

"Yeah, Chanel and I have gotten pretty close since you left her here." Elle heard Chris say from behind her as she let out a playful huff as she stood, turning to see her older cousin standing in the doorway, grinning, with Charlie next to him and an unrecognizable girl on the other side.

Elle sent the three a large grin as she ran over, practically tackling Chris in a hug as he hugged her back.

"Hi Ellie." Chris grinned before withdrawing from the hug and watched as she brought Charlie in for a quick hug as well before turning to look at the girl.

"Hi." Elle greeted her.

"Oh, uh, Ellie, meet my girlfriend, Mira." Chris introduced the two girls.

"Pleasure to meet you, Elle, I've heard such good things about you." Mira greeted the younger girl.

"Nice to meet you too Mira." Elle grinned back, surprising the older girl as she brought her in for a hug.

"Well, tell us all about your time at Hogwarts, it's been a while cousin." Chris said, barging into her room with Charlie beside him. Mira sent her a sheepish grin before following the boys in as they sat on her bed.

Elle let out a playful eye roll at her cousin before going to move her bags into her closet.

"So how are you and Fred?" Chris asked her as her eyes went wide and she turned to look at them.

"Oh, uh, no one told you guys?" Elle asked as the boys shared a confusing look.

"No? Told us what?" Charlie asked.

"That Fred and I broke up... like a month ago." Elle told them as Nathan also walked into her room, joining the conversation.

"You and Fred broke up? When? Why?" Charlie asked.

"She just said a month ago." Mira whispered to him as Charlie turned to shush her by shoving his fingers in her face, causing Elle to let out a giggle because Charlie, Chris, and Mira's dynamic reminded her of hers and Fred and Georges when they were on better terms of course.

"Now she's with Diggory." Nathan teased as Elle turned to give him a whack on the chest.

"No, I'm not! We're friends!" Elle argued as Nathan let out a small laugh.

"Right... They went to the Yule Ball together and everything." Nathan revealed as Elle gave him a 'shut up' look.

"What the hell is going on?" Chris asked, turning to look at Charlie.