Chapter 54

After a long Friday night of Nathan and Riley consoling Elle, and none of her friends being able to find her, she managed to sneak into the Gryffindor common room early Saturday morning, making it up to her room without being seen as she locked her dorm door behind her.

She flopped onto her bed with a sigh, knowing her appearance must have been rough but she didn't care, she was too heartbroken to truly care. She felt completely betrayed by Fred. She had just seen him kissing another girl last night, and she chose not to break up with him but yet the minute she needed time to think things through, possibly, hopefully working through their issues, he broke up with her? She didn't understand.

She thought Fred loved her as much as she loved him, but apparently, he didn't, or else he wouldn't have ended their relationship. Elle would never have been able to just cut things off with him, without actually trying to mend their relationship but it seemed like Fred didn't care at all, about her, or their relationship... apparently.

She couldn't understand how that made sense, at all, and it left her utterly destroyed. She was upset and heartbroken. Elle loved Fred so much and it destroyed her that she didn't have him anymore and left a lot of questions that she could wrap her mind around.

What would happen to her and Fred, would they be able to remain friends... at all? Civil even?

What about their shared friend group? She didn't want them to feel like they had to choose sides, but if they did, who would they choose?

Would Angelina and Fred now get together? Would she be able to stomach seeing them together without breaking down every time?

How was she supposed to go on every day as if nothing happened? And see him at meals, in the common room, in class, meanwhile, her heart breaks every time she sees him or thinks of him.

How was she supposed to mend her broken heart?

With a sigh and a heavy heart, Elle stood and made her way to the washroom ensuite and slowly stripped out of her clothes, stepping into her shower to have a very needed and therapeutic hot shower.

She let the warm water cascade down her body, lazily washing her hair and face as it was red and puffy from crying all night before continuing the rest of her shower.

After she was done, she slipped out of the shower and into her robe. She walked into her room, letting out a light scream as she was startled. She sent a glare to the four friends who sat scattered around her dorm.

"What the hell are you guys doing?" Elle sighed out, honestly wanting to be left alone.

"We wanted to check on you. We haven't seen you since you ran off and Fred filled us in on what happened." Olivia sighed out as she sent Elle a small smile.

"Well, thanks but I'm fine." Elle told them, standing in place in the dorm frame between the bedroom and ensuite.

"You are?" Jackson asked her, not believing her.

"I am. How did you guys even know I was back in here? It's like 5 AM." Elle asked.

"5:30 actually." Luke said, checking his watch.

"And we have been checking the marauder's map, trying to see when you would come back." George told her, lifting the map up to show her.

"So you guys knew I was with Nathan?" Elle wondered as George nodded, "Well why didn't you guys come up there?"

"We didn't want to bug you..." Olivia told her.

"And we knew you were fine if you were with Nathan." Jackson added on.