Chapter 38

I awoke to a dark room that smelled of wet wood and old water. My arms were sore, and my stomach was on fire. I looked up and saw that my arms were tied tightly behind my back and I had a rope on around my neck.
     "Ah the prodigal daughter awakens" I heard Paul say from behind me. "You know your pretty good." He clapped making the lights come on "A whole two and a half years" he said. "Of hiding and dodging me. All while having a four year old" Paul smiled. "Out of respect for your mother" he said grabbing my throat and applying pressure" I'm not going to kill you. But if I don't get my daughter within the next twenty four hours then I will" he said letting go and walked out the room as I gasped for air.
        A few seconds later I heard the door open and a thud. It was Teegan and she was badly beaten and still in cuffs. "Tegan" I called and she moaned. "Tegan. Are you ok?" I asked her and she just laid there. "Don't worry I'm going to get us out of here" I said trying to wiggle out of my cuffs only making my arms even more sore. Eventually I gave it a rest because my arms were hurting a little too much.
       I don't know how many days I been here, but it felt like forever. They gave us water and water only. Every other day they would alternate between beating the crap out of me and Tegan. Today it was my turn again. I heard the door open and a guy walked in grabbing me by my collar.
       "Let's go bitch" he said pulling it hard taking the little air out my already weak body. Every time it's my turn I map out the place as best as I can but today they took me to a bed room. It was a dark red with a bed and two nightstands on either side. "Get in the" the guy gruffest throwing me in there and tied the rope to the bed post. He left the room and I looked around and saw that there was a window, but it was very small. I got up and tried to look out of it and check my surroundings, but the rope stopped me. I tried to stand on the bed and look but the rope was still holding me back. Soon the door opened, and Kyle came in making my heartbeat rapidly.
        "Guess what we're going to do today" he smiled. "We're going to watch a little video" he smiled as someone wheeled a tv in and gave him a bowl of popcorn. "Look" he smiled turning the tv on to show a burning house and I looked at him confused. "Oop" he smiled hitting his head "silly me" he goofed. "I started the show in the middle of the good part" he chuckled eating popcorn making my stomach growl.
          "I'm sorry that was insensitive of me. You want?" He asked looking at me. I didn't say anything but look at him. "Here" he said throwing a handful in my face laughing making me close my eyes to hide the tears. "But wait! There's more" he said enthusiastically. "Look you don't want to miss this?" He exclaimed but I didn't open my eyes. "Come on look" he said throwing another piece of popcorn at me. "Look" he repeated throwing another one at me. He kept repeating the actions until I snapped.
          "Stop" I yelled making him laugh. "I'm sorry." He smiled. "I don't want you to miss the good part" he said point to the tv making me look and press play. It was footage of my house. "Targets located" the person said. "Blow it" I heard Kyle say. Soon It showed a different angle of the house and I heard a whistle and then a boom. The house exploded into millions of little pieces making me gasp and Kyle laugh as the tears finally fell from my eyes.
         "Aww babe." He pouted and pulled me towards him. "Don't cry" he smiled "it's funny" he laughed. "Fuck you" I seethed biting his face making him push me and choke on the rope. "Bitch" he exclaimed punching me in the face and leaving the room slamming the door.
        I sat there for hours listening to the tv repeating itself. My heart broke every time I heard the house get blown to pieces. I looked around for anything to help me out of these cuffs but found nothing. I just sat there laid on the floor and cried. I was tired, hungry, and I missed Tristan and Kenny. If they were even alive. After a while I sat up and waited for anyone, but no one never came.
        I tried wiggling the cuffs again, but it was making my arms and wrist hurt. The only way I could break free is if I broke my hand or tried to bring them in front of me. I wasn't as flexible as I used to be, but I was going to try. I put my hands under my but making my shoulders cry out in pain. I only got to mid thigh and I couldn't even bring my foot close enough to my chest due to my many blows to the stomach making me cry out in pain. "Fuck" I whispered as I put my body back in its normal position.
        How was I going to break my hand with them behind my back and tied to the bed. The bed I thought. I got up and pulled the blanket off the bed and sat back down in my original position. I scooped the blanket up with my feet and tried to get as much of it close to my mouth as possible. Once I had a decent amount, I bit the blanket hard and lifted the bed as high as I could making my body protest. I counted off in my head and dropped the bed hard on my hand making me scream out in pain but my cries were muffled by the blanket.
         My hand felt like I stuck it in an open flame, but it wasn't broken if anything it was sore. I took a deep breath and lifted the bed again and counted down. I dropped the bed again hearing a pop and feeling a searing hot pain making me scream to the high heavens. I spit the blanket out my mouth to get some oxygen before I passed out. I went to move my hand but whimpered at the pain.
       "You can do this Quinn" I said encouraging myself. I pulled my hand from under the bed quickly screaming at the pain. I pushed passed it and wiggled the cuffs feeling them move down my hand. It was painful as hell but after a little more wiggling my hands were free. I groaned at the pain in my arms as I looked at my hand. It was red, ugly and swollen. I reached up and untied the rope around my neck.
         I got up and looked out the window and saw nothing but water. I looked around and saw a door that led to a bathroom. I went inside and saw it was empty. I checked the cabinets and saw it was nothing there. There wasn't anything I could use to my advantage. I heard the floorboards creak signaling that someone was coming. I grabbed the back of the toilet cover and ran back to my spot and fix myself putting my head down. The door opened and Kyle walked back in with a bite mark on his cheek.
       "Wake up" he yelled kicking me in my thigh making me hiss. "Here" he said pulling my hair and putting a phone to my ear. "Hello" I said. "Babe don't worry. I'm coming to get you" Tristan said making me cry all over again. "Ok that's enough" Kyle said hanging up. He went to leave but I kicked his ankles making him fall flat on his face. I unwrapped the rope from around my neck and grabbed the back of the toilet seat hitting him over the head with it. He stilled and I reached into his pants. I ignore the constant pain in my body. I grabbed the keys and phone out of his pocket and ran.