Chapter 15

"Are you ok?" Tristan asked handing me a glass of water. Numb. That's all I could feel. "Alpha we found this in the house" someone said giving Tristan a burnt box. He opened it and dropped it immediately.
      "Get that out of here now" he yelled. "Tristan. Is Quinny ok" I heard Kenny say. She sounded scared but I couldn't break out of my phase. I always knew he would come for me. For her, and I won't let that happen. "She's fine. Just a little sad. Just go and play and she'll come and get you soon. Ok" he said to her. "Ok" she said sounding unsure of what to do.
         "Matthew." Tristan called. "Take the girls to your mate and tell her to watch them, and to not let them out of her sight. Then come back to me. And someone get Charles here immediately" he yelled as I heard the scurrying of feet.
          I awoke in the comfiest bed I ever felt. This couldn't be my bed. I sat up and saw it was daytime. Where the hell am I? I saw I was in an enormous bed and the room was even bigger. I looked to my right and saw the bathroom and made my way there. I looked myself over in the mirror and saw I had on a black t-shirt.
      "Your finally awake" I heard Tristan say from behind me. "That was the best sleep I've ever had" I smiled turning around to face him. He wasn't his usual self if anything he seemed upset. "Is everything ok?" I asked looking at him.
       "Please put some clothes on and be ready in five minutes" he said walking away. "Did I do something wrong?" I asked running after him. "I hope not" he said kissing my forehead and closing the door behind him.
          After Tristan left me surely three minutes later two buff guys came and got me. I was kind of scared considering I've never seen them before. They brought me to Tristan's office and sat me down. "Stay" one guy said talking to me as if I was a dog. A few minutes later Tristan and the guy from last night walked in.
        "Ok. Just keep track of it" Tristan said to him. "Are you sure you don't want me to stay?" He asked. "No. I got this Tristan" exclaimed saddened. "Also, Jackson and your brother are on their way. They should be here within the hour" he said looking at me sadly and leaving.
       It was quite before he said anything. I felt as if I was in trouble. He turned my chair, so I was sitting directly in front of him. He sat in the chair opposite of me looking me directly in my eyes. If I wasn't so scared, I would be turned on honestly. He looked handsome in his all black with his muscles on display.
       "I'm going to ask you some questions and I really hope you don't lie to me" he said looking me directly in the eye. "How do you know this man?" He said showing me a picture of Paul. "Where did you get that?" I asked. "Don't differ from the question. How do you know him?" He said raising his voice at me making me jump. "Don't make me ask again" he menaced leaning closer to me. If looks could kill I'd be six feet under.
         "He's Kennedy's dad." I exclaimed mad. "How does he know where you are?" He asked. I looked at him confused. What does he want to know for? "I don't know" I answered. "Where's my sister?" I asked my heart beating a mile a minute. "She's safe. For now," he said almost sinisterly like. "What was your mission?" He asked me. "What? Mission? What are you talking about?" I asked him confused and annoyed. "This goddamn man Quinn" he yelled making me jump.
        He got up and started to pace back and forth. I turned to look at him and saw that he was standing Infront of the window. I got up and walked towards him. "Tristan" I called touching his back. "What's going on?" I asked leaning into him. I felt him take my hands and bring them to his front wrapping making me wrap my arms around him. "I need you to answer my questions please. I can't let you leave until I have the truth" he said turning around to face me.
       "But I really don't know what you're talking about" I said. "Tell me about Paul" he said looking at me. "Fine" I sighed. "Paul was my mom's second husband." I stated. "He was sweet at first but then she got pregnant with Kenny and he switched. He talked about showing her, her true birth right, and how it was time they become part of the family business. But then my mom got sick and he was really bad towards Kenny. She was only a kid, and he was abusive and mean. So, I dropped out of school and took my mom's emergency fund and left. He told me he'll do whatever it takes to get her back. Even if he had to kill me" I exclaimed feeling the tears running down my cheek. "Do you know what his business is?" Damien asked looking at me, and I shook my head no.
          An hour later I was back in Tristan's room waiting for him since he said we weren't done talking. I don't know what I'm going to do. I figure once the coast was clear I was going to pack up mines and Kenny's bags and leave first thing. I mean we don't have anything since it all got burnt in the fire but whatever I could salvage I'll take. He had told me that Kenny was with his friend and his wife who also had kids so she would be fine.
       A few seconds later Tristan came in the room without a shirt and some shorts on. Jesus Christ. He looked amazing. He was sweaty and kind of dirty but honestly, I didn't mind. Damn I'm going to miss him. Maybe I should try to have sex with him before I leave but then if I do, I think that my leaving would just be worse. A second later he came back into the room with a shirt on and sat down next to me.
        "Ok. I have to tell you something and I don't want you to freak out" he said looking at me. "What? Is it Kenny?" I asked nervously. "No, it's not Kenny. It's me" he sighed. "Um ok. What is it?" I asked. "Paul is not who you think he is?" He exclaimed. "He's a hunter." He said. "A hunter" I repeated. "You meant like deer?" I questioned. "No. He hunts a different type of animal." He paused trying to choose his next words wisely.
        "Do you believe in mythology?" He asked. "Somewhat" I nodded. "Do you believe in werewolf's?" He asked and I burst out laughing. "You had a better chance of me believing in ghost" I laughed. "Honestly I believe in spirits and God. That's about it" I said looking at him confused. He looked at me for a bit unsure of what to say.
        "I'm just gonna come out and say it" he said to himself. He got up and paced before he stopped to look at me. "I'm a werewolf" he said looking at me. "Um ok" I stated unsure of what to say. I mean werewolves aren't real but I think he might hit his head on something. "Ok" he repeated. "Yeah, and I'm the Queen of Sheba" I joked. "I'm serious" he stated.
        "Think about it" he exclaimed, and I did. I mean he was always away on business, and then there was that big ass animal I hit on the way here. Plus, everyone was always so strong, but that didn't mean anything. They could've just worked out a lot and he did own at least ninety percent of the town. "Ok well whatever you say" I said getting up and heading for the door. He grabbed my arm rather tightly stopping me. "Ouch" I winced. "Wait" he said "I'll show you" he exclaimed taking his clothes off. I couldn't help but look.
        Soon I heard his bones break and saw him drop on his hands and knees. His back bent in an awful way. Soon his skin started to sprout long black hair. If I wasn't so intrigued, I probably would've fainted. Soon there was a giant wolf Infront of me. Before I could think I let out the biggest scream and ran for the door, but I was too late. I turned and ran towards the bathroom, but he beat me there as well. I Looked around and saw the closet as my only hope. We looked at each other before I ran towards the closet as fast as I could, but he beat me there as well. Before I knew what was happening I just stopped and fainted.