Chapter 23

The past two weeks have been amazing. Tristan and I are like two peas in a pod. Staying with him is even better, and at the end of the night our make out sessions only get hotter and hotter. Jesus, that boy needs to give me some before I kill him.
       "Whatcha doing?" I heard a voice say making me jump a mile in the air. "Dammit" I screamed holding my heart. "Vicky what the hell?" I said turning and looking at her. "OMG look at your belly. It's so cute" I gushed. "I know right." She smiled giving me a side profile. "I can't wait I'm so excited" she smiled.
      "Hold up. Something is different about you" she pointed looking at me. "Umm" I said unsure of what she was talking about. "Your glowing. And your hair looks good and shiny. So does your skin" she said looking me up and down. She leaned in and sniffed me. "What are you doing?" I yelped backing up. "I had to see if you were mated or pregnant and you're not either. So, what's going on?" She asked.
        "I'm just getting more sleep" I said turning back to the grill. "Here table seven is waiting" I said handing her the food so she could leave. "Quinn, can you come to my office for a min?" Anne asked from the door. "Sure" I said and followed her. "Come and sit down" she smiled. "I'm retiring and I want to hand you these" she smiled handing me a yellow envelope. I opened it and saw it was the deed and keys to the diner.
         "What?" I said shocked. "You've tripled my business." She smiled "besides everyone knew I was a lousy cook. It was Harold who kept this place up, and now I want to give it to you" she smiled. "But what about your kids?" I asked. "Please they would sell it, and I'd rather it goes to someone such as yourself" she smiled. "Now please. No more talking. It's yours" she smiled. "Wow. I don't know what to say" I exclaimed shocked. "Get out of here go celebrate with your mate, and family" she smiled. "Thank you, Anne." I smiled.
    This day couldn't get any better. I decided to go and pick Kenny up from school early so we could meet Tristan and celebrate. I got to her school and made my way towards the office. "Good morning Karen" I smiled at the receptionist. "Quinn" she smiled. "How are you?" She asked genuinely. I'm guessing she heard about the fire. "I'm good. Just here to get Kennedy so we can get her some things for her new room." I smiled. "That's great." She smiled "I'll call her for you" she said picking up the phone as I went and sat against the wall.
      A couple minutes went by before I started to get worried. I walked back up to the desk to find Karen still on the phone. "Ok" she smiled. "Um I think the alpha picked her up early because they said her dad picked her up" she said. I felt my heart stop instantly. "What?" I asked scared. "How? He's not on her paperwork?" I exclaimed angry. "Yes, but our new hire probably let her go" she said. "She's at lunch right now but I think if you call the alpha, she'll be with him." She smiled.
     I went to say something else, but the phone ranged. I could feel my eyes watering already. I picked up my cell and called Tristan. "Hello beautiful" he said. "Tristan, is Kenny with you?" I asked him frantic. "No. She should be in school." He said. "Is everything ok?" He asked. "I came to pick her up and she's not here" I exclaimed hyperventilating. "Ok stay there I'm on my way." He said and hung up. I couldn't breath as I let my body slid down the cold wall trying to catch my breath. Before I knew it, I saw spots and then everything went black.
       "Babe wake up" I heard Tristan say. I opened my eyes to find Tristan, Karen, and someone else. I sat up instantly, and remembered Kenny was missing. "Kennedy! Where is she?" I asked trying to get up. "Relax. Jackson had found her, and they are on their way to the house. "Come on" he exclaimed picking me up and carrying me out the building. "I can walk" I said trying to wiggle out his arms. We got into the car and he peeled off to his house. We made it home with twenty minutes. The car didn't even stop before I jumped out and ran into the house.
       "Kennedy" I yelled frantic running through the house. "Kennedy" I yelled feeling my chest squeeze as I ran into the living room. She was sitting on the couch with Jackson watching tv. "Oh my god" I cried hugging her tightly. "Are you ok?" I asked her and she nodded.
       "What happened?" I asked. "Daddy came" she smiled. "What?" I asked feeling my veins run cold. "Daddy came and got me." She smiled "he said that we were going to be together soon" she smiled making me furious. "Kenny what have I told you about going off with strangers" I yelled making her jump. "But daddies not a stranger" she whined.
       "Kennedy. He is not a nice man" I exclaimed making her cry. "Babe stop you're scaring her." Tristan exclaimed pulling me up to my feet. "No" I yelled making her cry. "She needs to understand the severity of this situation. I was scared, and she disobeyed the number one rule." I said upset. "Go to your room. You're grounded" I yelled pointing upstairs.