XXXVI

Emily

Tonight was the night we were meant to meet the man that kidnapped Lucian awhile ago at a bar. It was one different than the club's. It would be too suspicious if it was at the club.

Lucian had dressed in a suit that covered up his tattoos, unfortunately. He had to be hidden and his tattoos were a dead give away. The suit was also so he could sit in the VIP area. I had to wear a dress with a high back so no one saw my mate tattoo.

I met Lucian, Ghost, Rogue, Vanessa, Rage, Bruiser, Zane, and Hannah. They were all going. It was a large group but they knew to stay hidden.

"Ready, Princess?" Ghost asked. I nodded. The girls gripped their mate's arms tightly as they escorted us to the cars. Zane would be driving the car with Vanessa, Hannah and I. The other five were going in a different car. We will arrive first than they will sneak in.

When we pulled up to the club, it was packed. Cars were lined up everywhere and people were lined up. Hannah grabbed a card from her clutch and led us to a bouncer. He looked at the card and let us in. Vanessa and I looked at her confused but she shrugged.

"Is that him?" Vanessa pointed to a corner booth where a man was sitting alone. He wore a t-shirt and jeans. I checked the picture on my phone and nodded.

"Let's try and get his attention than." Hannah moved around some people so we could be seen. The man kept his eyes straight ahead until he saw us. His eyes snapped to me and gave me a look that made an uncomfortable shiver climb up my spine.

"He's looking." Vanessa whispered.

"Can the boys see us?" Hannah asked. Her back was to the VIP area, which was a balcony above the floor.

"Yes. Our mates haven't looked away." Vanessa said. I glanced up to the balcony and saw Lucian standing next to the railing watching us. Ghost and Rogue stood a few feet away doing the same thing. Rage, Bruiser and Zane were watching the floor. Making sure no one was suspicious and their plan worked out.

"Um, he's walking over here." Vanessa nodded the where the man was sitting. Sure enough he was making his was towards our small group.

"Hello, ladies." He smirked. "Glad to see you here, alone." His voice dropped a bit.

"Why'd you agree to meet here?" Hannah asked.

"Well I figured three lovely girls, willing to give me any information they have, sounded interesting." His mouth turned to a large grin. "Caleb." He stuck his hand out to me to shake. I looked at it suspiciously and didn't take it.

"You already know our names." I pointed out. Caleb nodded.

"Indeed. How about I take you girls to get a drink." Caleb suggested. All three of us shared the same look. We decided to follow him but refused the drink. I can't drink anyway.

I saw Vanessa throw a look up to the boys. She must be signaling for them to come down.

We three sat at the bar while Caleb sat at the end next to Hannah. I sat furthest away. That gave me an advantage to check for the boys.

Lucian was the first to be seen. He was followed closely by Ghost than Zane. I couldn't see the other three. I assumed they had their own task.

"Do you three know anything of Jolie? Or who is working for her?" Caleb asked.

"Nope." Hannah lied. I'm sure Caleb knows she's at least missing, he's just trying to get information out of us.

"Really?" Caleb shook his head. He turned to the bar tender and ordered a whiskey.

I watched his reactions to everything. He hated the way the whiskey tasted. I knew he did because he scrunched his brows when brought it to his lips. He was trying to intimidate us.

I felt a warm arm wrap around my waist and someone leaning over me. I smiled as Lucian hid his head in my neck.

"Hey, this one's mine." Caleb tried to defend me. Lucian let out a dark chuckle. Caleb had no time to react before his slumped in his seat and passed out. Maybe that's why he didn't like the drink.

"What was in there?" Vanessa asked.

"Nothing to worry about, sweet cheeks." Ghost pecked her cheeks.

"Let's get him out of here." Zane said. Both boys nodded. Lucian left a light kiss on my neck before pulling away.

"Rogue, bruiser, and Rage are waiting outside for us." Lucian said. Zane and Ghost each took an arm and hoisted Caleb up. If someone asked they just say he had too much to drink.

They carried him to a black SUV where they placed him in the backseat strapped in. Bruiser and Rage rode in that one. The rest of us managed to fit in another car with the third row up. Vanessa, Hannah and I rode in the back.

When we got back to the club house, Josie was waiting for us. She looked super nervous and grinned when she saw the cars. Dad came out and helped unload Caleb. He has yet to wake up and now I worried what kind of drug they used. I knew Jolie used to use them to steal money from men.

"You get to bed." Dad told me. I was too awake now. I want to know what part he had in Jolie's plan. Not that it mattered now.

"I'll take her." Lucian nodded a goodbye to dad and led me to our room. It looked cleaner than when we left it earlier. Who was in here? "Jolie must have cleaned it." Lucian muttered. I guess that made sense.

"What happens now?" I asked.

"I get some answers." Lucian said. He brought a shirt out for me before changing into shorts. He seemed tense but I didn't want to upset his thinking process. Instead I climbed into bed and fell asleep.