Mixed Signals

Note: Please be reminded that all of the things that you're going to read here are just parts of my malikot na imagination. If you are uncomfortable with this type of story, please don't read.
Everything that you may read here, MUST STAY HERE. Thank you.
Layag mga kabacclaan!

--------
RISA'S POV

It's been over a year after what happened. Leni and I became much closer including our kids. We would always spend the whole weekend all together, either eating in a restaurant or going out of town, except if the kids have their academic agendas. During those days, me and Leni would still see each other for a chitchat in a cafe or I would visit her in their unit. We were both busy but we still found time to be together. I actually got used to that routine. That I would feel excited every Friday because the weekend is coming and I would be with the Robredo's.. With Leni.

I have a lot of acquaintances, even close friends like Loren and Grace but my relationship with Leni is definitely a different one. We also included each other to our priorities. She never changed. She would always be with my side even I don't ask for it, and of course, I do the same way to her.

The election for 2016 is coming and the filing of candidacy already started. I decided to run again for senator but Leni said she doesn't have any plan yet. The Liberal party already asked me to be part of their senatorial slate and of course, I agreed.

Few weeks before the last day of filing, Mr. Roxas who is running for presidency announced that they don't have any choices left because all of the people they offered for the vice presidency declined them. That night also, Leni called me that Mr. Roxas personally called her to be his vice president this coming election.

"Tatanggapin ko ba? Ano sasabihin ko sa mga bata? Sabi ko pa naman sakanila di na ako tatakbo sa ano mang posisyon. But, Mar is Jesse's friend. Nakakahiyang tumanggi." Leni said.

"Kausapin mo na muna ang mga bata. I'm sure maiintindihan naman nila."

"Ikaw? Susuportahan mo ba ako kung sakaling tanggapin ko?"

"Of course. You don't need to ask for it, Leni. I would always support your decisions."

"Salamat, Risa. Balitaan kita. Kausapin ko muna ang mga bata."

She updated me during bedtime na todo iyak daw mga bata but they still agreed and would still support her decision.

"Kaya ko ba 'to Risa? Wala akong pera." then she laughed.

"Liberal party is there to support you all throughout. We are here to support you. Ano ka ba."

"Alam ko naman yun pero wala lang. Para kasing ako yung, "si Leni nalang. Wala na tayong choice e.""

"Leni, it won't be you if you are not destined for it. Baka kaya tumanggi yung mga choices nila kasi ikaw talaga ang para dyan. Ano ka ba. First time ata kitang narinig maging nega ah."

"Tapos, yung mga kalaban ko ang sisikat pa. Dati nang kilala sa politika. Sino ba naman ako. Dakilang newbie lang naman ako."

"Leni. Wala yan sa tagal at sa kasikatan. I know you have the ability to be the next vice president. Ipakita natin sa tao yun."

"Salamat, Risa. Basta ha. Susuportahan mo naman ako hanggang dulo diba?"

"Hahawakan ko kamay mo hanggang dulo, Leni. Kagaya ng paghawak mo ng kamay ko."

Leni's end became silent. I could only hear her breathe.

"Andyan ka pa Leni?"

"A-ah o-oo. Andito pa ako, Risa. Salamat ha. Sige na. Matulog na tayo. Late na."
"Good night Risa."