Just Simply Breathe (6)

Adelaine's POV

I was currently sitting in the theatre room. We were preparing for our next musical, Hairspray, although it was hard for me to focus. It's been about three weeks since... what happened. I can't even think about it or mention their names without flipping out and panicking. Sometimes when this happens, it feels like they're in the same room as me or even right next to me. I just can't handle it. I was concerned about what was going on with me. Everyone just seems on edge, it's not just me that seems a little freaked out, but I think I have it the worst. It does make sense because I had it the worst there... with Kelsey and the Rocket Cow Killer... just don't think about it Adelaine, you know it freaks you out! I asked my Mom and Dad about my feelings and what's going on with me, but they seemed just as clueless as me but they were equally as concerned. One night though, Dad came into my room right before I was about to go to bed. He sat down on the edge of my bed and I was snuggled up in my blankets. Dad smiled at me and reached out to caress my cheek. His hands are nice and warm and especially comforting.

"Princess, can we talk?"- Dad asks.

"Sure Dad. What is it?"- I ask.

"How have you been feeling lately? Are you sure that you've been feeling like you just can't get away from the incident?"- He asked.

I nodded. "It won't go away! Daddy... the thoughts won't stop! What's wrong with me?!"- I exclaimed.

I felt tears start to bubble up. Dad looked at me and scooped me up into his big comforting bear arms. I started crying and he rubs a hand up and down my back. He used his other hand to continue to caress my cheek. Tears streamed from my cheeks and my face was drenched. I was crying like crazy.

"Adelaine, sweetheart, it's alright. It's completely normal to feel like this after a traumatizing event like what happened to you. Calm down... it's okay."- My father says.

I wiped my eyes and look at him. "Do you... know what's wrong with me?"- I ask.

"It's not 'what's wrong with you' it's what you are suffering from. I can't be sure because I'm not a psychologist or psychiatrist, but I think it's PTSD, Princess."- He replies.

"PTSD? What's that? Is... is it a bad thing?"- I ask.

"PTSD stands for Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. It's a disorder that most likely happens after a traumatic experience. It's a feeling of anxiety, having flashbacks to the traumatic event, nightmares, stuff like that. Do you have symptoms like that? I can't diagnose you though."- Dad explained, messing with my long blonde hair.

"So... will we be going to talk to Gabriel soon?"- I ask.

"Yes. He's still trying to get everything figured out on his side of things to help you and everyone."- He replied.

"Dad... how do you know about PTSD? Do you have it? Have you gotten over it?"- I ask.

"That's none of your business Hun. I'll... explain it when you are older."- My father replies.

"Okay."- I reply, understanding his feelings.

"Goodnight Princess. I love you so much."- He replies, kissing me on the forehead.

"Goodnight Dad, I love you too."- I reply.

My father gave me a smile, blew me another kiss, and then left my room. I was calm and tranquil after a few minutes. Once I was calm, I could finally fall asleep. I fell asleep in peace. I smiled at the thought of the memory from a few days ago. Dad also later informed me that PTSD can make people sensitive to some things. I particularly dislike loud noises. The theatre teacher was giving us a small lesson on how to enunciate our performances when dealing with strong emotions. Anger in particular. Mr.Hidinberg had brought a flower pot in for this lesson. Without a warning, Mister Hindinberg flew off the handle and started screaming. It was acting though, we could all tell, but that doesn't mean that I wasn't tense or on edge because of it. He climaxed in his performance and then smashed the flower pot on the floor, shattering it into a million pieces. I gasped and started crying and breathing heavily. Loud noises were a large trigger for me I guess. Attention from the teacher and the rest of the club and cast turned to look at me. Hugh jumped up and rushed to my side. Mr.Hindinberg stopped everything that he was doing and walked over to me. He knows about what happened yet I don't think he understands. Hugh was hugging me tightly.