11

Chapter 11- Cigarettes
Natalie

A week passed by and not only had I noticed my Dads distant behaviour but also some distance in Sweet Pea. We hadn't spoken much since Halloween and he was skipping a lot of classes and school in general.

During lunch I decided to try and find him. I searched the music room and the cafeteria which were two of the rooms he'd either be in or the gym but that was being used for the Vixens practise. I went outside to look for him and to my surprise I caught sight of the raven haired Serpent as he turned a corner beside the school building. I headed over, hoping he was alright.

I walked around the corner and I stopped as my eyes widened. Sweet Pea had a cigarette between his lips and his back against the stone wall.

"Since when did you start smoking again?" I asked him with my arms crossed.

"Since when was it any of your business!" He spat back which made my stomach twist. I noticed his eyes were dark and the dark circles under his eyes showed his lack of sleep.

"I just asked a question" I mumbled. "You don't need to be so rude about it"

"Well you don't need to be so nosy about my business" He scoffed as he glared at me.

"I'm your girlfriend" I reminded him. "And I'm worried about you, okay?"

"I'm fine" He mumbled.

"Obviously your not" I scoffed.

"Just leave me alone" He shook his head and started to walk away from me.

I sighed heavily as I watched him disappear around the corner.

________

"Where's lover boy?" Toni asked me as she sat beside me in the student lounge.

"Somethings wrong with him" I mumbled as I looked at her. "He's started smoking again"

"Wait what?" Toni gasped. "He used to do that when-"

"When he was upset and hiding his emotions" I finished her sentence and she nodded. "He got angry at me when I tried to talk to him"

"Take it slow with him" Toni sighed. "Clearly somethings bothering him and he's hiding it"

"I just wished he was more open about his feelings" I sighed. "I could help him if I knew what the issue was"

"He'll come round" Toni nodded. "He's too in love with you"

"Ha. Thanks Tee" I smiled at her.

"Here for you Jones" She nodded.

________

"What are you doing home?" I asked Jughead as I walked in on him sat on the couch, reading a book.

"Can't stand Stonewall right now" He mumbled.

"Those preppy rich kids giving you trouble?" I asked him. "Cause if they are I'll knock their teeth out"

"Thanks but no" Jughead chuckled. I sat beside him just as the door opened again and this time Dad walked in.

"Well..." He started. "Look what the cat dragged in"

"I'm done with Stonewall Prep" Jughead told him quickly. "That place is toxic. I'm going back to Riverdale High with Nat and my friends"

"Nope" Dad said back. "Mm-mm"

Jughead rolled his eyes as Dad shook his head.

"You're not throwing away this opportunity" Dad told him.