FAIL - First Attempt In Learning!

Start from the beginning

Becky did not respond.

"Okay, so I guess we talk about this later. Right now, are you going to help me save those people?"

*Of course!* Becky actually sounded offended that I would even ask such a thing.

"Then let's do this."

I crouched down, getting ready to jump.

"Boost!"

I launched into the air, the electromagnetic burst from the suit causing me to jump the several blocks to the bank with ease. I sailed through the air, not noticing the helicopter I shot past, or the way people looked up as I shot overhead. I was focused on the roof of the building, hoping I could land quietly.....

....and I burst through the roof.

Yeah, my feet hit the wood, and my overly dense body broke through it like it was paper. I broke through the roof, the rafters, and slammed down on the bank floor in a shower of wood, dusty, and wires, with enough force to dent the floor and shatter the linoleum. I hit so hard, I stumbled and nearly fell on my face!

For a moment nobody moved. There was a stunned silence as both the hostages and the thugs stared at me in shocked wonder. 

I took a moment to shake my head and clear it from the stars that danced there, then looked up at the hole in the roof and the bits that were still raining down. I could see the sky through the damage, and part of me thought, "Did I do that?"

Ooops.

"Who are you?!!!" Asked the phone call guy.

"Alter my voice." I said to Becky, under my breath.

*Done.*

"Drop your weapons." My voice sounded deep and robotic as I tried to stand up straight and look imposing. I have no idea if I pulled it off, everyone was still so stunned I could not tell if they saw me as imposing or ridiculous. 

"Stop your actions and you will not be harmed."

Their response was to level their guns and start to shoot at me.

Seeing the guns move, I did the most natural thing in the world.

I gave a shout and ducked around a wall!

*What are you doing?!!* Becky almost shouted in my head.

"THey have guns! Real guns!"

*You knew that!*

"Yeah, but now they are pointing at me! They have guns! Weapons!"

*Jonathan, YOU ARE A WEAPON!!*

I was?

Oh yeah, I was!

Man, was I stupid.

Becky chose not to comment.

Stepping back around the corner, I tried to appear confident, even though I was shaking in my boots. Knowing what I could do, as a theory, was cool. Actually doing it was turning out to be a very, very different experience!

The moment I came around the wall, they started shooting at me. I nearly ran back behind the wall, but focused on the fact that I really was a weapon. I was a weapon. A weapon.

I let my instinct and training take over, tried to act and not think. 

I activated the electromagnetic shield as the bullets raced toward me, trying not to wince or cringe as the deadly fusillade ripped through the air toward me. 

Keep it up.

Keep it up, Jonathan, I told myself.