Three. Failed Attempts

Start from the beginning

What went at the top of the list was definitely my fouette. It needed a lot of work, and I did mean a lot of work.

Whenever I performed the move it came off as incredibly sloppy and unsteady. Michelle, my ballet instructor, told me I was being unnecessarily hard on myself and that it was fine, but I didn't want "fine". I wanted perfect, and there always room for perfection.

I was suddenly anxious for the day to be over, despite my prior excitement for it to start. The sooner I got out, the sooner I could go to my dance studio and practice which was bound to put my now antsy mind at rest.

I was so into my thoughts that I didn't notice that someone walked in the room until Mrs. Carol's sudden change of tone pulled me out of my thoughts.

"Young man, you are aware that you're late aren't you?" She asked testily.

"Am I late?" A familiar deep voice asked. "I couldn't tell."

I whipped around to see Deep voice also known as Aidan Benson, standing in the center aisle of the room looking very bored and very attractive. I could feel my face heating up just from looking at him. The entire class's eyes were glued on him as well. They appeared to be just as captivated as I was.

"What's your name?" Mrs. Carol asked promptly, grabbing her clipboard.

"Aidan Benson," he replied.

"Alright, Mr. Benson," she looked up from her board. "Since it is the first day I'll let your tardiness slide, but keep in mind I do not usually tolerate lateness."

"Yes ma'm," he nodded. His face conveyed nothing but seriousness, but the words came off in an almost mocking manner.

"Have a seat, Mr. Benson," she said shortly.

I looked around the room and saw there were a total of three empty seats. One in the front of the room that was directly in front of Mrs. Carol, one by a group of now giggly girls towards the far left side of the back of the room, and one right next to me.

I turned to face the front of the room and found myself chanted silently to myself that Deep v- Aidan, would not choose the seat by me.

God wasn't on my side.

I heard the seat next to me squeak with movement, and when I looked over I was greeted with the sight of Aidan Benson plopping down in the seat to my left.

He leaned back leisurely and spread his legs out. He ran a hand through his messy brown hair and spared me a glance before looking straight ahead.

I turned my body forward and began twisting my fingers feeling nervousness and annoyance stir as one in the pit of my stomach. Nervousness because the boy next to me came off as pretty intimidating. Annoyance because I still wasn't quite over the fact he had been so ill-mannered towards me this morning.

I tried to shake off the overwhelming feelings and attempted to return my focus on the topic Mrs. Carol was discussing, but it was to no avail. Lingering questions filled my thoughts.

Had he picked the seat next to me intentionally, or was it just the first chair he happened to see? Why was he so attractive? Did he remember me from this morning? If he did, was he still mad at me? Why'd he show up so late? What had he been doing? Did he really put a guy in a hospital? Why was he so good looking? Did he really get shipped off to juive? Am I seated next to a criminal? Seriously, why was he so hot? Was that even humanely possible?

I sneaked a quick glance at Aidan before averting my eyes back to the front. The idea of introducing myself to him popped into my mind. We may not have started off on the right foot, but it wouldn't kill me to at least try and be civil...would it?