v.

"from far away, I wish I'd stayed with you
but here, face to face, a stranger that I once knew

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃・❪ ❁ ❫ ・▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

her hand gripped the pen tightly, her knuckles slowly draining of colour, as she pressed her finger to her temple, massaging it, scanning the room around her, hoping for some form of poetic inspiration to rise from the dark corners of the bookshelves.

her inspiration came in the form of a pretty smile, blonde-brown wild hair and sparkling glittery blue eyes that pulled up a chair across her and settled down in the most gracefully awkward way that had ever been seen by mankind.

the corners of her mouth pulled up into an involuntary smile, her eyes mesmerized by her love, the same way she had found her in a story for the first time. she had found her heaven in a library and got lost in the pages.

the girl she was enamored with, the girl whose soul burnt brighter than the stars and made her feel lighter than helium. this was the girl she loved. a little bit messy, a little bit mad. a little disaster, just like her. 

but she knew she had to confront her insecurities sooner or later. she needed to know if her love truly was hers. so she brought up the question that burnt her tongue like acid.

"honey, do you think tammy's a pretty creature?"

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃・❪ ❁ ❫ ・▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

i thought, if I wanted, i'd fall back in love
you said, 'distance brings fondness', but guess not with us"