"None," Cynthia said

"Oh, a flower not even in bloom! I can't wait to see the fruits of your labor. A fresh gym challenger is always so exciting!" Daisy replied

"What's up with the puns?" asked Cynthia

"Problem with me pollen your leg?" Daisy replied

Cynthia groaned

"Heh, you'll get your battle young sprout. But first, answer a question for me," Daisy said as she stood up

"Sure, what is it?" Cynthia replied

Daisy's eyes suddenly grew much more intense and focused.

"High ground, or low?" Daisy asked

Cynthia paused. She'd need to answer carefully

"Hmmmmm......"

Cynthia looked around the gym, the high ground had less tree cover to protect Gible from ranged attacks but he'd have the upper hand for any of her pokemon who wanted to attack physically. On the other hand, the low ground would be an uphill assault to protect Gible, but he'd have tree cover to protect herself from ranged attacks.

Cynthia made her decision.

"Give me the low ground,"

Daisy laughed, "Not so often I hear a trainer choose that option! We'll see how that pays off for you,"

Cynthia smiled. "Oh, we'll see alright!"

Daisy motioned for Cynthia to walk down the hill. "There's a red X on the ground, once you stand on it for ten seconds the gym battle will commence,"

Cynthia gave a thumbs-up and walked down the hill, eventually seeing a red X on the ground.

"Good luck Cynthia!" Viola shouted before she pulled out her camera and focused on Cynthia.

Cynthia smiled at her and gave a wave

The gym steward began counting down from ten, and Cynthia was amazed to see an electronic board appear behind Daisy with her name on it.

Cynthia- 2

Daisy-3

Cynthia gulped, while she technically had two pokemon, she hadn't practiced at all with Togepi.

But, it didn't matter! She'd be on top regardless.

"Three, two, one, battle begin!"

Cynthia smiled and sent out her Gible who emerged ready for battle.

"Gible, are you ready for our first gym battle?"

"Gible!" Gible shouted in affirmation

"Alright!" Cynthia said

"Togei!" Togepi cried, feeling slightly left out

Cynthia heard a poke ball materialize on the other side of the gym, but she couldn't tell what. It seemed like Daisy intentionally made it so she couldn't see what she was using.

"Gible, stay on the lookout!" Cynthia commanded

Cynthia heard a shout from the other side of the arena. "Razor leaf!"

Several sharp leaves slammed into nearby trees. Gible dodged the attacks handily

"Stay on the lookout! Her pokemon could be anywhere!" Cynthia said, looking around for her foe.

Just to reaffirm her suspicion, a surprisingly fast pokemon tackled her Gible from behind, and then jumped on its head and escaped the battleground.

Gible landed on the ground, slightly dazed.