Chapter 1

a/n:

Welcome, readers new and old!

This is a story I've been thinking of for quite some time, and I think it'll be fun for everyone.

This will be a long term project of mine just FWI, it won't be done as quickly as poke verse.

Without further ado, enjoy!

—----------------------

Cynthia.....what's the first thing that comes to mind when you hear that name?

A Garchomp and menacing piano music? A graceful champion?
Some academics would insist her real talents are in the realm of archeology.

But really, at the end of the day....who was Cynthia?

Cynthia looked at her hands, they were sweaty. Correction, SHE was sweaty.

She was currently in the ready room, waiting for the stewards to clean up the battlefield.

It was halftime of a title challenge she received from the champion of Kanto, and he was good.

He was really good, she should know because she's known him for years.

Ash was somewhat of a friend of hers, but his happy personality almost evaporated on the battlefield.

Cynthia looked up at the TV, which was displaying highlights from the first half alongside analysis from experts.

Half her team was down, and two others were damaged

Ash had only lost one pokemon.

Lucario, Roserade, and Spiritomb were out for the count. Togekiss was frozen and Garchomp was beaten up.

She watched the replay of Ash's Greninja firing an ice beam, freezing Togekiss's wings.

Cynthia sighed, this wasn't like her. She hadn't ever cared about pundits and analysis of her battles, so why should she care now?

She had trust in her team... after all, they had been with her for ages now.

Cynthia reached inside her coat pocket and pulled out her phone. She scrolled to her camera roll and tapped on an album of her favorite images.

There was a picture a great friend had taken after she won her first gym badge.

Just a smiling girl, a Gible, and a Togepi, not a care in the world.

Cynthia let her mind wander as she reflected on her initial adventure

—---------------------------------

14 years ago.........................

A girl smashed a pillow over her head, she really didn't want to wake up today.

"Cynthia, time to get up!" A voice yelled from downstairs

"Coming grandma!" Cynthia shouted as she rolled out of bed.

Cynthia opened her eyes and adjusted her hair before throwing on some clothes and going downstairs. Her grandmother was already waiting for her

"Cynthia, did you hear anything last night?"

"Uhhhh no?" Cynthia was confused

Cynthia's Grandma shook her head, "How you managed to sleep through that horrible storm is beyond me,"

Cynthia just shrugged while she dug through the pantry looking for food, "So....uhh what are you doing today grandma?"

"The town council has a meeting this evening, but until then I have nothing, well besides one minor task,"