Chapter 17: "I'm confessing."

"I ship you guys so freaking much. But, sweetie, not that I am against it, but just to make you realize, that was not even close to 'just friends,'" Laylah said as she braided Veronica's hair. They were sitting in Laylah's room in front of the mirror, and Laylah was braiding Veronica's hair because Veronica didn't know how to do that, but she was obsessed with braids. Veronica had just told Laylah everything that had happened between Seb and her.

"Yeah, I know, but..." Veronica trailed off. "No, but's V; ask him out!" Laylah said excitedly.

"What?" Veronica tried to whip her head back, but Laylah kept the grip on her hair firm, so when she tried turning, her hair was pulled back, and her neck was back in place. Veronica groaned and said, "Shut up. You're just too high,"

"Love, I don't do drugs, nor have I had a drink or ANYTHING at all; high on what?" Laylah chuckled while taking another strand of Ver's hair and adding it to the main braid.

Veronica rolled her eyes and said, "On Theodore," She smirked at Laylah through the mirror but saw Lay's face settling into a frown as soon as she uttered his name.

Confused, Veronica asked, "Hey, what happened?"

"Nothing Ver-," Laylah was cut off by Veronica, "It's definitely someth-"

Laylah cut Veronica off and said, "Nothing. It's nothing. But hey! Lookie lookie! The braid turned out so well!" Laylah tried changing the topic, but Veronica continued giving her THE glare. The spill-or-else-I'll-ask-him glare.

Laylah sighed and said, "It's nothing okay; it's just that I'm distancing myself from him. I don't like him," The last part came out as if she were trying to convince herself that she didn't like him. Veronica saw the look on Lay's face while she talked about him. Something had happened. It was apparent, but Lay didn't look like she was going to spill the beans at the moment, so Veronica changed the topic and asked, "So, what do you think about Axel and Luca?" wiggling her eyebrows and running a hand down her French braid which Laylah had just secured with a rubber band.

Grateful that Veronica changed the topic, Laylah asked, "What should I think about them?" chuckling softly.

Veronica grinned and said, "I don't know... But you know, they've grown to be hot young men. At first, they weren't hot; they were cute. Now, fr-"

Veronica was cut off by a knock at Lay's door. Laylah said, "I'll check, one sec," She got up and approached the door. She opened it and saw Theo and Sebastian. She smiled at Seb and wiped it off her face when she saw Theo. Then asked, "So, what brings you guys here?"

"I want Veronica," Seb said.

"Took you long enough," Laylah said, grinning at him. As soon as she said that, Veronica, who was now standing just behind her, had hit her head playfully.

Laylah made a pouty face and playfully clamored, "Gosh! Why would you do that?"

Veronica shrugged, "Because I can," Laylah rolled her eyes at Ver and said, "Go on, join Seb; he 'wants' you, you know?"

Veronica rolled her eyes at her and said, "Okayy," she chuckled and said, "I'll see you later," Then she turned to Seb and asked, "What do you need?"

Seb decided to play and said, almost seductively, 'You."

While Veronica raised her eyebrows at him, Laylah said, "Leave, right now. I don't wish to witness an adult live porno between my best friends at my door,"

Veronica and Seb chuckled and left while Theo stood there. Laylah raised her eyebrows at him, and he shrugged, still standing there, not breaking eye contact. Laylah ran her tongue through her front teeth, rolled her eyes, and slammed the door shut in his face without any word.

---

"She's normal now," Sebastian said while strolling on the beach. Joshua thought it would be a good idea to 'walk and talk' on the beach, so the boys were, walking on the sand, enjoying the cool breeze that prevailed.

"I told you, you needed to talk things out," Theodore said in a duh-tone.

"Says the person who cannot talk things out," Sebastian deadpanned. Theo frowned at him, and just as he was about to say something, Joshua said, "There, there, both of your love lives aren't at their finest-"

"Says the person who doesn't HAVE a love life," Seb and Theo said in unison and chuckled humorously. Joshua shook his head and sighed, "I don't, nor do I want to have one, unlike you guys, who are head over heels for the girls. Sebastian, for real, though, try talking to her about your feelings, man; you can't let this eat you up for long because if you do, you are gonna have to forget about eating her out one day,"

Theodore chuckled at Josh's comment while Sebastian reddened. He said, "I don't want to mess things up. What if nothing remains the same?"

Theodore replied, "It won't remain the same. You will finally know that she LOVES you." Josh nodded while Sebastian shook his head from side to side and said, "No, that isn't confirmed yet. I think she likes me but LOVE or even like as in more than a friend? I don't know about that,"

"Man, you guys literally act like couples and say y'all are 'just friends. Seriously, why? You guys cuddle, and that doesn't mean best friends can't cuddle; they can. But you guys are different! You guys are in love; why won't you just accept that?" Joshua said.

Theodore nodded, "True, so fucking true. Friends don't look at friends how you both look at each other. You look at her like she is THE ONE while she looks at you like she has found everything that she's always wanted,"

Sebastian wanted to counter them, but he couldn't. Even if he was preparing for the worst, now he had started to wonder, what if there was no worst? What if she actually liked him? But he would have to confess his feelings to her to get something out of her. So he decided.

"I'm confessing."

--x--

My exams are still on, so I am extremely sorry for the late updates. Most prolly, the updating schedule for a few days now, will be once a week. But if I get time, I will surellyyy, surprise y'all with an update!

I love y'all! I hope you enjoyed, thank you reading!

Until next time!

- Estrel<3