Chapter 8: "You guys are so whipped."

"Oh. Oh! Uh- Hi, Laylah, Laylah Rose." Laylah said, eyeing the Sebastian like specie in front of her. Josh beamed, "I know; I have heard many things about you."

Laylah's eyes widened, "I hope good one's," chuckling awkwardly at the end. "Oh, the best ones, trust me," Josh said, smirking.

"Oh, okay... I guess?" Laylah mumbled, deciding to interrogate her best friend about flirty Joshua later. "Anyways, so who were you girls talking about?" Josh asked again. Laylah smiled sweetly at him and said, "As I said, it's none of your business, Mr. Joshua Knight." stressing his name. Joshua looked amused at her and then, turning to Veronica, said, "I like her! Anyways, we'll be leaving at 2. So you girls have 3 hours to check, eat, and stuff. Be quick." Then turning back to Laylah, he said, "Nice meeting you, Laylah." He took her hand in his and kissed the knuckles gently. Laylah narrowed her eyes at him, smiled, and said, "I wish I could say the same, Joshua."

Josh chuckled and turned around, leaving the room. Laylah looked at Veronica suspiciously and said, "Explain."

Veronica pursed her lips straight, smiled awkwardly, and began, "You know how Sebastian is like with me, right?" After Lay nodded, she continued, "So Josh is just flirtatious but like a bit more than Seb. Like, see, Seb does all that flirty shit only with me. But Josh's personality is just like, he's flirty with every-freaking-body, but that's like friendly. He's not like that with me because I am sisterly to him. But, you know, he doesn't have bad intentions when he does that? It's just him; he is like that. Fun, flirty, cocky, mmm Damon kinda? Get it?"

Laylah hummed, "Mhm, I get it."

---

"What the actual fuck are we doing, Ver?" Laylah whisper yelled as they tip-toed to Sebastian's room. The boys were sitting in the hall, watching something. Sebastian was sitting in between with a pillow and a bowl of chips in his hands. Theo sat on his right, while Josh sat on his left, and still, there was ample place for the girls to sit comfortably.

Laylah and Veronica were going to join the boys, but as soon as they left Lay's room and Veronica saw all three of them sitting together, she dragged Laylah to the kitchen with her, which was just beside the living room where the guys were sitting. Veronica grabbed a bag of chips and whispered into Laylah's ear to follow her.

So now, they were here, in Sebastian's room, while Veronica searched for something. She turned around and said, "We are stealing Seb's phone," she turned around and continued looking for his phone on the right side of the bed. Laylah went to the left and started searching, "And why do you have kleptomaniac tendencies, not that I mind, though" Laylah softly chuckled at the end and gasped because of her discovery. "Before you answer that question, tell me one thing, has Sebastian done 'it'?" Veronica stopped searching and turned to look at Laylah like she had lost it, "No. He hasn't. At least he hasn't told me that he has. Why do you ask, though?" Laylah lifted her hand, and Veronica was stunned.

Laylah held a blue packet, which was a condom. Veronica didn't know how to react. Her best friend, who she had fallen head over heels for, had condoms on his side table, and he had potentially lost his "sanity," as they call it, and dared to not tell her?

She didn't want to jump to conclusions, so she looked at Laylah, who was as confused as she was. We had come here to steal his phone and not find out a freaking condom on his side table, for god's sake, Veronica thought. She said, "Keep it where it was; let's find his phone first, then we'll see how to interrogate that... stupid boy."

Laylah nodded and started searching again. Veronica turned and started checking beside and under the pillows on the bed she had slept last night and found Seb's mobile under a pillow.

"Hey, Look! I found it. Let's leave now," As soon as Veronica whispered that, they heard footsteps approaching Seb's room. Veronica sprinted towards Laylah, and they both slipped into the small closet Seb kept in his room. As she closed the door quietly, Theo and Seb entered the room with Josh behind them, looking through his phone.

The cupboard was small but big enough for Laylah and Veronica to fit uncomfortably. The closet door had blinds, which helped Ver and Lay see everything that was going on in the room.

"So, this Laylah girl, she's the best friend you talked about?" Josh asked, directed toward Sebastian. Sebastian nodded while looking through the sheets for something. Veronica quickly realized he might be looking for his phone, so she put it on silent mode and looked at Laylah, who was already looking at her with a confuzzled expression.

Theodore asked, trying to act nonchalant but clearly failed, and the questioning tone came out ruder than he wanted it to come out as, "What about Laylah?"

Joshua raised an eyebrow at Theo's tone teasingly, and Theo smiled sheepishly at him.

Laylah was left intrigued by what discussion the guys were having, and she looked at Ver, who nodded in reassurance and mouthed her to listen calmly. Laylah nodded.

"Well, I told him that she would come with us this time. I tell him every time, and she doesn't come, but this time she's coming, so that's all, Theo." Sebastian told Theo and continued, "Can any of you call me, though? I cannot find my phone, and I don't remember where I left it last."

"Sure..." Josh said as he called Seb, "It's ringing."

"Seb, you silenced it, didn't you?" Theo asked. Seb said, "I never do, Theo, you know that."

"But didn't you sleep with Ver last night? For her, you do many things that you usually don't, sweetheart." Theo countered, smirking. Joshua looked at the both of them in amusement while Veronica turned red when Laylah lightly nudged her teasingly.

"Just like you change totally for Lay, and now now, you have started talking like her too, 'sweetheart,'" Sebastian smirked at his best friend, whose eyes had widened at the realization.

Laylah's lips parted, and she bit her lip as Veronica nudged her.

"You guys are so whipped," Josh said. He eyed the closet keenly, and the girls' eyes widened, and they looked at each other, concerned as he started approaching the cupboard in which they were hiding. 

--x--

Early update cuz the chapter was ready and the last update wasn't so good, so why not? :D

I hope you enjoyed!:)

Until next time!

-Estrel <3