Chapter 5: "Why are you so good with your mouth?"

"Here!" Veronica said as she tossed another M n M in Sebastian's mouth, and he successfully caught it, giving her a victorious smile yet again. Thrice in a row, he had caught the MnMs in his mouth. This guy has skills, Veronica thought to herself.

"Why are you so good with your mouth?" Veronica faked blurting out while she knew what she was doing, triggering her lovely Sebastian to make an innuendo because boy, did she love making innuendos?

Sebastian looked at her with amusement and raised a pointed eyebrow at her. Knowing how bad the action was found hot by Veronica. And then said, "Ver love, I am good at many other things with my mouth than just catching MnMs."

Veronica decided to play along, "Oh really? I don't think so, 'love.'"

"Then shouldn't we be testing the theory, hm?" Sebastian said with a suggestive tone. Veronica leaned forward on the table and whispered, "We should."

And with that, the waiter came, and she had to back down in her seat. She saw the way Sebastian was looking at her. His eyes had considerably darkened and were a pool of emotions. As the pizza had arrived, Veronica wasted no time munching on her Cheese Pepperoni Pizza.

The pizza was, as she remembered, perfect. Not too much cheese nor too less, just the way she liked. As soon as she munched on her pizza, she moaned in delight because THIS was what she had been craving. After relishing the first slice to its fullest, she looked at Seb and saw that he was looking at her.

She said, "I know that I am incredibly beautiful, but come on, don't disrespect your pizza for that. Stop staring at me, and eat, idiot!"

He looked at her as if he was debating on saying the thing in his head and then shook his head gently as if he was totally dropping the idea of saying what was in his head.

Veronica, being the inquisitive cat, according to Seb, said, "I thought we were this close that we wouldn't have to filter or rethink what we say to each other.. I guess not." and went back to eating another bite.

Sebastian looked at her and held her free left hand, forcing her to look at him. She saw the severity in his eyes which she'd seen on the day when he claimed they kissed and they had the eye contact thing. She was unable to move and just able to drown in the depths of his eyes as he stared into hers.

And then he said, "Veronica Haynes, we do not and will never have to filter or rethink our words before talking to each other. You started eating, and would you like me talking about eating you while you were delving into a cheese pepperoni slice?" He still had the same severity in his eyes, just there was one more emotion swirling in them now, mischief.

Veronica almost choked on her slice and looked at him in shock. She was indeed not disgusted, and Seb knew that. The girl liked flirting and eye contact and never blushed when disgusted; instead, she cringed visibly. This time, she blushed, so he knew he had flustered her.

---

"Ver, we will be there in ten minutes," Laylah said.

Veronica and Sebastian were waiting for their respective best friends to show up at the house so they could try on the outfits and discuss about tomorrow.

Joshua, Seb's brother, was someone who Veronica had to tell Laylah a lot about. She couldn't wait to spill the tea about the incidents that happened in the day and was growing impatient by the second.

Josh was a fawn-worthy specimen after all- tall, fair, muscular, handsome, cute; he had a tinge of the British accent, which Sebastian mimicked perfectly, and a smiling face.

Even though Josh was all that, Veronica never saw him as more than a brother and vice versa. They both were very close but not that close that she could tell him that she had developed a 'thing' for his younger brother over the years.

And Veronica had to rant about all this to her lovely Lay, who was busy with Theodore.

Laylah had told her that she and Theo shopped and ate a burger and ice cream and were headed to Seb's apartment. It was already 7:30 p.m., and even though she knew Lay was with Theo, just like the cutest best friend she was, she was concerned about them. Theodore was also like a brother to her. At first, she found him really annoying, but they had developed an unspoken bond over the years.

Interrupting her train of thoughts, the doorbell rang, and this time, she quickly walked towards the door and opened it to welcome a frowning Lay and a smirking Theo looking at each other.

She cleared her throat and saw that Laylah had bags in her hands, but before commenting, she saw that Theo had bags in his hands. Damn, they've shopped a lot, Ver thought to herself and moved to the side out of their ways.

Laylah smiled at her as soon as she saw Ver. She indeed was capable of changing Laylah's mood. Even though she smiled, she gave Ver a knowing look that said, I have a lot to tell you, but we'll talk later.

Laylah then said, "Alrighty! We're finally back. I have to show you the clothes we've got. Let's go, shall we?"

Veronica nodded, and just as they were about to leave, Theo called from behind them, "Laylah,"

Veronica looked back at him quizzically. While Laylah asked, "Yes, tesoro?" Theodore smiled at the nickname, scratched his neck, and said, "I- uh, umm, can you come with me? I need help sorting the clothes and all that?"

Veronica looked at both of them suspiciously. Laylah said, "I'll come," and then turned to Veronica and said, "Ver darling, I'll be there sometime after I am done helping this helpless little fella, okiedokieartiechokie?"

Veronica looked at her, then back at Theo, and said, "Okiedokieartiechokie, but you better not take long; I have waited for ages."

They went to Theo's room, and Veronica headed toward her room. A few minutes passed, and Veronica couldn't contain her sleep more.

They were all sleeping in separate rooms, and she knew that Laylah would go to her own room first and then come to Ver's. But as she was highly exhausted now, she thought of leaving a note for Lay in her room.

She left it and went back to her room to have her beauty sleep, as she liked to call it but not before going to Seb's and seeing if he was asleep. She saw him sleeping peacefully, kissed his forehead, and went to bed.

--x--

I hope you enjoyed!:)

Until next time!

-Estrel <3