Chapter 4: "You are always pretty, Ver."

As soon as Veronica saw Laylah, her frown turned into excitement and love, and she jumped and squealed. Laylah was excited too and hugged her back when Ver stretched her hands out for the cute little hug they always had when they met. But, she was suspicious about a lot of things.

Seb looked at Theo and knew something was up. They had their bro-hug and smiled at each other. Lay and Ver separated, and Seb greeted Lay with a side hug as even though they didn't meet each other so much, they had a brother-sister bond going on. Theo looked at Ver, ruffled her hair more than they were, and carried his and Layla's bag inside the penthouse.

Veronica took Laylah to her room when they were in and started, "We will leave tomorrow because Seb's car had some breakdown. So his brother will be here to give us a ride to their beach house. And for coming back, they already have a car or two there, so that won't be a problem. Now tell me what you have because we can shop if you think you couldn't get a lot of stuff because of obvious reasons."

Laylah looked at Ver and said, "That's great. I will talk to you about the clothes in just a bit, and we'll go shopping too, but before that, I'd like to know what took you so long to open the door. Moreover, when you open the door, both of your guys' hair is messed up. What the actual hell was going on, Ver?"

Ver looked at how concerned her boo was and cleared, "L, my darling best friend, our hair was messed up because he started pulling my hair which I had left open first. So, I tied them in a bun, but that sweet custard won't stop ruffling them, so I pulled on his hair. And well, that was going on when you guys showed up. Now that that is clear, may I know what little moment you and Theo over there were having?" She wiggled her eyebrows as she said the last part leaving Laylah blushing.

"Aw, come on, don't blush, spill!" Veronica encouraged Lay.

Laylah nonchalantly said, "It was nothing. He was actually in the elevator with me, and then when I came to the apartment and was about to ring the bell, the same handsome hot stranger came behind me and rang the doorbell. So that made me skeptical about his intentions. So then he introduced himself, and I did too. And that's when you opened the door. Nothing as I said,"

Veronica looked at her with her eyebrows raised and a smile plastered, "So you think Theo is 'handsome and hot,' huh?"

Lay looked at her, realized what she'd just said, and dodged the question, "So when are we going to shop?"

Veronica smiled at her friend's pathetic attempt to get away from the interrogation but left the topic because shopping was required at the moment.

She said, "Now it's, uhh, 10:30. Hmm, I guess we can go to the mall by 2.00?" Laylah was relieved that her best friend didn't take the pleasure of embarrassing her more at the moment and said, "Sure!"

---

"Boys! We are leaving in 10 minutes. So get your butts off the couch and get ready!" Laylah announced.

Seb and Theo were currently sitting on the couch talking about stuff, shirtless. Why? Because the best friends had an obsession with flustering girls. This was what Veronica told Laylah. She went back to their room and rummaged through her clothes to find an outfit to go to the mall.

She saw Veronica was all set and ready, in her light blue Nike cropped sweatshirt and a cute short skirt. Veronica looked at her and said, "Oh hey, listen, I have picked out the outfit for you too from your clothes because I wanted our outfits to be similar.." Laylah smiled at her best friend and said, "Well, thank you! I'll be right back." And with that, she went to the bathroom, changed into the white cropped sweatshirt and a cute skirt, and walked out of it after applying some lip balm and securing her hair in a half ponytail just like Veronica had done.

They wore their shoes and walked out of the room to see that the boys were now ready too. Impressed, Veronica said, "Such good boys we have. Listening to everything. Now let's leave." taking her purse, she continued, "Shall we?"

A wide smile appeared on everyone's face in the room because of the Originals reference. Everybody nodded and they got in Seb's car after getting down and left for the mall.

---

"Pretty, no?" Ver asked Sebastian.

Veronica was now with Sebastian shopping for herself while Laylah and Theodore were shopping for Lay. How did they divide into such groups? Nobody knows.

She was wearing a black one-strap top with a pink checks skirt. She twirled around and then looked at Sebastian with expectant eyes. He checked her out, smiled at her, and said, "You are always pretty Ver."

Veronica flushed; she smiled back and said, "Aww, thank you, Sebby. I'll go change into my normal clothes, and then we can go to the billing counter." Sebastian nodded and waited till she came back.

As she came back, Sebastian looked at her and confirmed if she just wanted so much, so she said, "Yeah, I think this much is more than enough for me. I wonder if Lay and Theo are done shopping. We can leave with them if they are done or leave ASAP because I am hungry now and in desperate need of some pizza." Sebastian grinned and said, "Ver, sweetheart, we can call them and check if they are done. If not, we'll go to the Parmigiano Reggiano, your favorite, hm?"

Veronica nodded, and they started walking toward the billing counter. Veronica had held Seb's hand, and Sebastian held it back. This had now become a regular thing, and Lord. They looked so cute together.

Once they reached the counter, Veronica paid for the three sets of clothes she got and called Laylah just to know that till now, they had just decided on two sets, and she wanted a few more. So Ver informed Lay that she was going to the pizza place with Seb and told her to inform them after they were done shopping. Laylah agreed, and they hung up.

"Ok, that's done. They'll take some more time, Seb. So, let's leave." Veronica said, and Sebastian looked up at her from his phone and said, "After you, milady."

--x--

I hope you enjoyed!:)

Until next time!

-Estrel <3