Chapter Five

"So, is somebody getting arrested, or was there some kind of accident?" I asked one of the men walking me into the hotel.

"These crowds often gather in hopes of sighting VIP patrons. We do our best to keep the barraging to a minimum, but keeping all of it at bay is beyond our control."

I wonder who is staying here. I thought it better not to ask to avoid seeming like the rest of the people here, who were mostly girls around my age, attempting to shove their way inside to catch a glimpse.

I wonder if it was from that concert tonight. I did hear mumblings at the club that Jack Harlow would be in town the rest of the weekend. Apparently, he had a second show on Sunday.

We turned to head up the familiar elevator to the 6th floor. Luckily, there were only a few rooms on this entire floor, as it was only one hallway.

The man who escorted me up the elevator unlocked the door for me.

"You will find the fridge has been restocked with additional waters, both still and tap, as well as a vegetable and fruit tray, and finger sandwiches."

Man, I really love it here.

"Thank you, sir!"

"Enjoy your stay, ma'am."

"You too!" I yelled back. Fuck. That's not what I meant to say. Obviously he wasn't staying. He works here. I shut the door in embarrassment and attempted to convince myself it was just the alcohol and not my lack of social skills.

The fact that I hadn't eaten all day hit me like a ton of bricks when I opened the fridge. I was also so thirsty I thought my tongue might dry out. I chugged a bottle of water and pulled out the tray of finger sandwiches.

Finger sandwiches are a peak Southern Louisiana delicacy. You can find the trays at any grocery store. They come with turkey, ham, and roast beef sandwiches, dressed with mayo and mustard, on white bread.

I couldn't be bothered to move, so I sat down on the floor and started on the sandwiches. I pulled myself a beer out of the mini-fridge, which was leftover from the pack we drank last night. I probably ate about 15 finger sandwiches, which is the equivalent of almost 4 whole sandwiches. Then, I grabbed another beer and started searching for the remote.

I found the remote under the pillow on the right side of the bed by the window. I turned on Hulu, sat back down on the floor with my beer, and started watching the newest season of MasterChef Junior.

After no more than 5 minutes, I heard sirens and screaming happening outside. I ran to the window and saw a stampede of people running to the other side of the building. I also realized how drunk I was, considering I almost ate shit just standing up. You never know how drunk you really are if you're sitting down, I thought to myself. When the crowd turned the corner, they were out of view.

I didn't give it too much thought, considering there had been a herd of people surrounding the hotel entrance at least since I had gotten here about half an hour ago. I stumbled back over to the floor and resumed my show.

Once again, about 5 minutes later, I was interrupted. The door to the room swung open as Jay entered, wearing all black, again, with rosy cheeks and damp-looking hair.

"Hey, pretty lady!" he smiled at me.

I smiled back, jumping up to greet him. I attempted to run over for a hug in all my drunkenness, but instead, I tripped over one of the bedposts and fell almost directly into him.

Luckily, Jay caught me by my forearms.

"Why are you still drinking?" he smirked, half-scolding me.

"It's just a beer," I teased.