1

Karan
I was standing in a secluded corner near the washrooms having a smoke to get my mind off of things constantly swarming my mind ... consuming me whole and making me feel alone. In a party where i know almost everyone, laughing and discussing the stories which i very much am in loop and aware of , clicking selfies and uploading stories on Instagram, laughing on an inside joke that i understood, drinking beer and champagne..... still after all that here I am, in a corner looking out the window and feeling just... Alone.

I felt a presence beside me bringing me back to my surroundings. I looked beside me to see a girl standing a little away from me, she is holding her phone and seems to be engrossed in something.... I look at her for a few seconds but seems like she doesn't realise that i am standing here so i keep observing what she is doing. She has her hair in a high ponytail and she is wearing a cute black halter neck dress and about six inch black stilettos. She seems to be reading a book on her phone. She leans against the wall and is still deeply engrossed in her book... her expressions changing according to the story she is reading. Finally properly looking at her face i recognise her..... TEJASSWI yes thats her name, I met her three months ago for a one day shoot for LvG.

I can't believe its actually her because like the first time i saw her yet again i am mesmerised and intrigued by her at the same time. This girls is something else I saw her on the stage for the first time and she seemed like such a bright and bubbly girl and her strong point of view and confident persona made me wonder why didn't I know her before this day. Her quirky examples and rapidly changing facial expressions made her so cute and pretty that no one who has met her once can ever forget about her. I had even gone backstage to meet her ofcourse with the excuse of meeting Rashmi but then also she just flashed me her beautiful smile and went back to reading a book.... All the while making small talk with Rashmi i kept stealing glances at her. I was surprised to know that she and vikas knew each other well and she was a prominent TV actress still how could i have never met her? Knowing my perceived persona as the badboy of tv industry . the yaaron ka yaar karan kundrra usually my co stars try to get close to me and build a friendship with me in hopes of meeting well connected people but she was the first person to not even bother giving me a once over. Does she believe rumours of me being a player and badboy and is maintaining distance from me ..... no no what rubbish am i thinking maybe she just has this attitude problem thinking she is better than others but then again it didn't seem like that when she was talking on stage. We were again called for our next shoot and i didn't ponder much on it.

Coming back to present its been almost ten minutes that she is standing here and i am watching her like a creep. Usually if someone finds me lurking in the corner i either smile and put up a boisterous front and go back to the party or simply go away quietly if they don't but with her neither did I want to put up a front nor could i bring myself to quietly walk away because she seems like a person who appreciates the quietness just like me , so i go near her and whisper " tejasswi iss dress mein thodi moti lag rahi hai aaj" . She turns around startled and tries to register my face and as soon as her mind connects the dots she gives me a mind blowing smile and greets me " Its nice to meet you again , how are you karan?" She asks. " As good as ever and how are you? I see you are still engrossed in your phone are we mere mortals not entertaing enough for miss Prakash?" I ask her playfully. Her eyes widen dramatically and she replies sheepishly " I mostly know all the people here but i prefer my book or in this case phone over these loud parties and large crowds, dont get me wrong i like this party and all the people here but after half an hour its my limit and i need a breather after that and i am waiting for my driver to text me that he is here so i can say my farewell and leave" all in one breath.

I chuckle at her cuteness and say " I understand what you mean but i cant relate to reading the book part, its not my cup of tea even in a calm and quiet room." She chuckles at that and then looks at me as if she is able to see through me and keeps looking and i also keep looking at her face her eyes have a distinct twinkle in them and they appear to be reading me at this moment we stare at each other in comfortable silence and after a few minutes her phone pings she looks at it and then stands straight and looks at me and says " You dont need to become someone else to not feel alone, just be yourself and then the people who actually see you will never ever let you be or make you feel alone" flashing me her smile she leaves waving me bye. Like I said something truely different and intriguing, how did she give me an answer to all the questions in my head even without me asking that to without sounding judgemental. Again i loose myself in my mind but this time instead of questioning the feeling of loneliness i ponder on the solution given by this cute little angel.