29: If We Have Each Other

"Lupin stop acting like a fucking hormonal teenage kid."

     Remus knew there would be no sleep for him tonight

     Remus knew there would be no sleep for him tonight. Perhaps it was the new scar plaguing his left forearm or perhaps it was the war that was looming over them once more. Dare he acknowledge that maybe, just maybe, it was the thought of a certain someone clouding his mind and preventing him from sleep.

He groaned to himself, grabbing a pillow with his right arm and burying his face into it. Never mind that the man who had nearly kissed him had been the brother of the certain someone that plagued his thoughts. His mind reviewed the scenario over and over again, watching Grant lean into his face, only to flinch away from hurt moments later. Remus couldn't fathom what had come over the younger man's head for him to come onto him. Surely he hadn't led him on?

As much as he wanted to feel guilty and find a way to talk to Grant, an attempt to smooth things over, he could not for the life of himself rid of the thoughts of Guinevere.

She had stopped him the other night, hadn't she? The look on her face said she wanted to speak to him, to tell him something. No matter how impractical or what nonsense she had to say, Remus found himself mulling over it, wanting to hear whatever it was she had to say. But a part of him hated it. He hated how she had looked at him that night, how her eyes told a completely different story, albeit seeing her kiss another guy just a fortnight ago.

Or perhaps he was making it all up, imagining whatever had happened between the two of them. Except, what exactly happened between the two of them? A few stolen glances, a few conversations, and Merlin knows how many arguments.

Groaning for the umpteenth time tonight, he released his face from the pillow and threw it across the room, knocking off a stack of books with a thump. He murmured a few incoherent words to himself, something along the lines of  "Lupin stop acting like a fucking hormonal teenage kid."

The door suddenly flew open, revealing a disheveled Sirius Black. The man's eyes were wide, scanning the room as if to see what happened.

"Thanks for knocking," Remus muttered, eyeing the man suspiciously. To say the werewolf was beyond confused would be an understatement. He noticed Black's eyes stop at the pile of books on the floor, a relieved look taking over his face. "What in Merlin's left saggy ball are you doing in here in the middle of the night, Pads?" He asked, his voice louder than earlier.

The smaller man's eyes flitted to his friend's eyes, "I could ask you the same thing, are you trying to knock off all the things in this shithole? Or are you simply trying to scare everyone into thinking it's a full moon and somehow, we've bloody forgotten about it and you just transformed right in this very room, Remus?!"

Lupin looked at Sirius with an amused expression on his face. Clearly there's been a huge misunderstanding on his friend's part; nonetheless, the concern evident on Sirius's face touched him.