11: Bottoms Up

"Let's get down to business then?"

"They're here."

Guinevere raised a brow, a confused look washing over her face. "Who's here?"

Remus had an unrecognizable look on his face, but it could easily be mistaken as discomfort.

"The order." Guinevere shot up from her seat, a furious look on her features. She immediately pulled Remus out of the room, muttering harshly. Grant was left in the dark, not knowing what pulled this reaction out of her sister.

He remained seated, the presence of comfort leaving the room, replaced with one of awkwardness instead.

The fire was crackling, and the silence was deafening. He could faintly hear his sister's voice arguing with Remus.

"They're still going to continue?" Her muffled voice said.

Before he could hear anymore though, footsteps were heard, effectively ending whatever argument the pair were having.

"Where's the boy?" asked a new voice, which sounded rough.

Grant scoffed as he heard himself being identified as a boy. He is of age and is hardly a boy, he could even pass as Guinevere's older brother.

Perhaps they are not aware of what I'm capable of.

He stood up from his seat and dragged himself to the door, swinging it open to reveal himself. "Present," he said sharply, as he looked at Moody whom he guessed owned the unfamiliar voice. On his left was a tall black wizard who had broad shoulders and beside the wizard was Amelia, who Grant recognized as his sister's best friend. There was also a pink haired witch standing beside Remus, rather closely. A bit too close if Grant were asked.

Moody cleared his throat and shifted. His eyes switching to Guinevere then Grant, "Let's get down to business then?"

Guinevere turned to Grant in a manner of asking for his consent to go on. Grant nodded briefly and with that, the tall wizard began leading them to another room. They entered a new room, which had furniture similar to the ones in the sitting room.

Grant looked around the room, taking in his surroundings as a pair of shocked eyes met his own.

"Laurence?!" Sirius shrieked, dropping the 'cook book' he was holding. Apparently he had been trying to learn the muggle way of cooking to keep himself busy. Today, he was trying to make lamb chops but was failing miserably.

"Blood-traitor." he smiled teasingly at the older man and sat on the seat in front of him.

The members of the order took their seats while Guinevere stood beside Grant, her hand on his shoulder.

"Go on," said Moody hurriedly, "Tell us why you're here."

"I've come to speak to my sister," Grant replied as his brows furrowed before adding bitterly, "But now, to all of you apparently."

Moody scowled at what Grant had said and was just about to stand and speak up when Kingsley suddenly placed a hand on his shoulder, forcing him down. "Shall we?" said the taller man as he beckoned Grant to begin.

"The last time I spoke to my sister," he said, looking at Guinevere then Remus, "... and Remus."

"I told them about a prophecy but I didn't exactly know much about it back then."

.. "You see, the Dark Lord thinks that this would be the last piece of the puzzle. He thinks this would hold valuable information and reckons this'll help his cause." he explained carefully.

"What information does he think it holds?" asked Moody, curiously.

"He thinks the prophecy will tell him how to defeat Harry Potter," he replied. "If he could get a hold of this prophecy, he'd have something he didn't last time."

"That's outrageous!" said an older woman, who Grant didn't notice come in.

"It is," said another red haired man who was standing beside the older woman, "Which is why we'll have to keep a close eye on the-"

"Ministry." the red hair stopped talking when Amelia suddenly spoke up. Her and the woman with pink hair were disturbingly quiet the whole time since they've arrived at Grimmauld Place. This made Grant feel uneasy, as though everyone had been watching home closely.

Do they always speak out of their turns? he thought, as he noticed how they liked cutting each other off.

"Yes Miss Vance here is correct," Moody said right before turning to the young man,

"Are you parched?" he suddenly asked, then looked at the pink haired witch, "Go fetch him a drink will you, Tonks?"

Tonks smiled politely before leaving to get him a drink.

Guinevere noticed Moody give a weird look at Kingsley and Amelia as Tonks left. Something was wrong but she couldn't quite point out what was wrong.

"Is that all Grant?" she asked, looking down at her brother.

"I'm afraid it is."

The room then fell into awkward silence. They noticed Sirius open and close his mouth a few times, struggling to form a sentence and ease the tension. After about 3 minutes, which seemed like forever to them, the bright haired witch finally entered the room. She put a cup of tea in front of Grant and smiled at him apologetically and muttered a quiet sorry.

This gesture made Grant confused, as if the woman pitied him. He didn't like being pitied by other people, but nonetheless shrugged and drank from the cup.

"What's your whole name?" asked Kingsley suddenly.

As soon as Grant heard the question he answered quickly and blurted out, "Grant Laurence Lilith."

Moody raised a brow at this and his mouth formed a small smirk, "And have you been telling us the entire truth today?"

"Yes." he replied simply.

"Now we know he is to be trusted."

This was when it all hit Guinevere, it all made sense now. They had laced his drink with veritaserum to find out if he was telling the truth.

"You laced his drink?!" She exclaimed, looking furiously at the four aurors.

"We're sorry Gwynn but we had to know if he was telling the truth." Amelia explained slowly, in an attempt to calm down the witch.

"That's illegal," replied Guinevere, scoffing in disbelief.

"Desperate times call for desperate measures." Moody shrugged as if none of this had bothered him.

"It's fine Gwynn, really." said Grant firmly, "At least now they know they could trust us."

Guinevere opened her mouth but shut it back close and sat down beside Grant. She felt that it was useless to argue if Grant himself had no problem with it. If he was okay with how things went, then she should learn to be okay with it too.

"Very well."

—————
A/N

i was watching half-blood prince while writing this, still am lol.
harry is so hot in this movie plsss skskdk
alsoo happy birthday demelzablack <33

xx katie