They all exhaled, counting down from three then tearing open the envelopes and reading their friends results.

"YOU SMASHED IT LILY!" James screeches, turning to her and kissing her lips unexpectedly, "Oop sorry."

Lily laughed and pulled him back in, kissing him back reassuringly. When she pulled away James and Sirius high-fived, turned out that years of pining had finally payed off.

It turned out that all of them did pretty well on their finals, including Sirius Black. Kate kisses him, "You've done it."

Sirius nods proudly, the weeks of stress and late nights had paid off. Once the war was over, he could get a training with the Aurors alongside James just like they had been planning- if joining Quidditch professionally didn't work out for them.

Remus was ecstatic with his results, straight As and the highest marks in his year alongside Lily. He knew it wouldn't mean anything in terms of getting a job and creating a future for himself, but at least he had this. He had one positive thing to prove he wasn't just a monster.

Pete did well too, he got the marks he wanted and that was enough. Everyone was elated with their exams but a heaviness hung amongst them, the happiness being clouded by a lingering darkness.

"Tomorrow is our final night of this shit hole." Remus sighs, leaning back on the floor comfortably.

"Obviously we're going to the last party." Sirius nods, "We have to go out with a bang."

"One last hurrah for the Marauders?" James asks, a mischievous glint in his eyes.

The three other boys smile at James knowingly, the four girls groan in fear. No one ever knew what extreme they were planning but as it was the final night- it was bound to be something huge.

*******

Everyone was dancing and drinking, some girls were crying in their circles acting as if this was the very last time they would ever see eachother. Kate was late. Sirius continued to drink, smiling as James and Lily danced on the dance floor like crazy people.

Remus leant besides Sirius on the wall, "This is the final normal night."

"Jeez Moony, way to bring the mood down."

"I'm just saying, from tomorrow we will be living with the Potters and members of the Order... the war is looming and frankly, I'm shit scared."

"Yeah.. me too man."Sirius admits, his eyes wandering across the room.

Sirius' breath gets caught in his throat as he tries to swallow his firewhiskey. His eyes bulging out of his head as Kate finally arrived at the party. Her hair was braided to one side, her sparkly black dress leaving little to the imagination. Sirius groans in frustration. Remus laughs in his cup as Sirius walks over to Kate.

"Finally arriving?" Sirius smiles, looking her up and down, "You looking fucking incredible."

"I still think your jacket would look better on me." She winks, pecking his lips.

Sirius raises his eyebrows, "and I think that dress would look better on the prefect bathroom floor."

"This party is kind of boring.." Kate smirks, taking Sirius, hand in hers.