11. Peace offering

When I walked onto the training ground the next morning, wearing a strappy dark red sports bra with a matching legging and black sneakers, the three delegations were training, at the same time, much to my surprise. Okay, they were training with their own group in separate areas and everyone had taken their shirts off to compete with one another over who had the best abs, but they weren't trying to bash each other's heads in. Apparently, knowing their fight would be settled in the conquest was enough to calm them down, at least for now. 

My eyes roamed across the room, trying to figure out what kind of training I was going to do. Foxglove and his men were busy in the weight lifting area of the fitness side. Haimon and his men were at the same fitness side, only in the boxing area holding back their punches against punching bags. Valerio and his men were sparring at the other side of the room, where the hole in the wall had been fixed.

Or well, they were trying to spar with him. Valerio would knock them down every single time, because even though his men were trained to perfection, they simply were no match for him. The men on the other side of the room were carefully eyeing him each time, trying to figure out his moves, but he changed them up every single time, making it impossible.

Foxglove stared at me and motioned me to come over to join him and his men, but I really didn't want to do any weightlifting today so I shook my head. He glared at me, he didn't want me to workout with the others. 

When I was done rolling my eyes at him in return, I noticed the vampires and werewolves staring at me, wondering which group I was going to join for training. My eyes fell upon the knife throwing area, which was empty and I went to it.

Obviously, I didn't need to train my throwing skills, but I sure as hell wasn't going to give any of those man the satisfaction of joining their little gangs.

There were five targets, looking like bodies, spread out across the area. I grabbed ten knives and placed them on the table. I grabbed two for the first target and played with them a little, spinning them through my fingers and juggling them between my hands, before I suddenly threw one after the other in the blink of an eye. One landed exactly in the target's heart, the other one precisely in his head. A huge grin spread across my face, for the other five I repeated it to perfection. When I was done, I laughed to myself and removed the knives from the targets, putting them away safely. I turned around to see most of the men staring at me in awe, it truly was a Katniss moment.

I had enough of the men and went outside, it appeared I would have to go for a run then, even though I hated running for sport. I put in my airpods and started running through the gardens. Six songs had passed when I sensed people had started following me, werewolves. I picked up the pace and casually sprinted to the training ground. When I was opening the door, one werewolf in human form, jumped at me making us both fall to the ground with him landing on top of me, it was Azim. While I kicked his ass I noticed the other werewolves had slipped back into the building.

Azim was on his knees in front of me and I yanked his head back by his hair.

"What the fuck was that about?" I snapped.

He looked at me smugly. "We made a bet to see if you lived up to the tales."

I pulled his hair harder, making him groan in pain. "Excuse me? Whose 'we'? And what tales exactly?"

"Foxglove said you were more bark than bite, so I suggested everyone made a bet to see if it was true. Naturally everyone bet against you, except for Roman." His eyes roamed over me. "Looks like we owe him a lot of money."

An angry grin appeared on my face and his smug expression turned into a fearful one. My hand that wasn't holding him balled into a fist and made contact with his nose, the sound of a loud crack being the result. The silver ring around one of my fingers left a burn mark on his skin. I dragged him by his neck over the tiles to the door, abrasions appearing on his bare knees and he whined in pain.