ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟙𝟞

A/N: You guys, someone actually DM'ed me to say not to hurt Hikaru or else they're reporting me to the police😭 I know they're kidding but lowkey felt scared for a minute there LMAO

AND OMG WE ACTUALLY GOT A XIAOJIN SELCA AFTER 8364727 YRS!!😭

• Yujin •

"... I talked with the manger of the mall to check out their security cameras... After coming out of the store she was last seen in, a group of people with cameras and recorders approached her- It didn't take long for a crowd to surround her. I-I'm not sure but she might have panicked because she run away to the emergency exit. Those fucking bastards followed her. She dropped her phone in the stairwell but I have it with me. Some retard was even contesting me for it so I punched him in the face. The cameras at the back last saw her running across the street. After that, we couldn't find her anymore."

I tried to contain the mix of anger and worry I was feeling. Anger for those selfish people and worry on where my little sister is and how she's feeling.

"Okay. Thank you, Dayeon."

"I-I should have came sooner, eonnie. I'm sorry. I'll try looking for her around the area."

"No, it's not your fault. We didn't expect this so we shouldn't blame ourselves. And please be careful, okay?" I said worriedly.

"Yes, of course. You too, eonnie."

I ended the call and saw Chaehyun still talking on the phone with the police.

I fiddled with my phone and tried to calm myself. I was already on the verge of crying out of worry. I couldn't help but think of the worst case scenarios.

Maybe out of habit, I found myself pressing the call button on a certain contact number.

•°~°~°•

• Xiaoting •

I handed the files to Shiro. "That's the last one, right?"

"Yup," She smiled. "See what the beauty of this called 'division of labor' can do."

I rolled my eyes but smiled. "You talk as if you're not a workaholic yourself."

"I'm blaming that on you, boss."

"Don't pin this on me. Just say it's an occupational hazard-"

I didn't get to finish my statement when a familiar ring tone sounded from my phone. A knowing smiled appeared on Shiro's face. I don't why but I squinted my eyes at her because for some reason, I felt life she was teasing me with that look.

I picked up my phone. "Yujin?"

"T-Ting, I need- Hikaru she's-"

I furrowed my eyebrows in worry. "Okay, Yujin, please take a breathe first. In and out. In and out. In and out. Yeah, just like that. Good, you're doing a great job."

I covered the speaker and called Shiro who was about to go out. I signaled for her to stay.

"Can you speak properly now?" I made sure to soften the tone of my voice to calm her. I heard a quiet 'yes' from her. "Okay. Now, tell me what exactly happened with Hikaru?"

After getting a grasp of the situation, I sent immediate orders to Shiro. I wrote on a paper for her to coordinate with the security team to look at the areas where Hikaru was last seen. I wrote on a separate paper for my other assistant to check all the security cameras from the nearby establishments across the mall.