Belated

You have been forwarded to an automated voice message system. The caller you are trying to reach is not available. At the tone, please record your message.

*Beep*

"Hey, Sweetie. It's Mommy..."

*sighs*

"It's pretty late where you are because it's late here. Time zones...I um....was just calling you because...well I've been thinking a lot about our last conversation. I wish it hadn't gone the way it had. Your daddy said so much that he regrets and I feel just as bad for letting him. Things just got so heated so fast and the next thing I know, you're walking out the door. I never thought that would be the last time I would see you in person. I would have...I don't know...hugged you or something..."

" I hope you know what he said to you....It has nothing to do with how feels...How I feel...How we feel about you. I respect what you're doing. You have every right to live your life the way you want and to be who you want. To be with...who you want...I don't know what I'm trying to say. It's been such a long day for me. "

"You know your sister made varsity so I've been scrambling to get everything she needs. Thank you by the way..she loves her shoes. They were exactly what she wanted. You know I know nothing about things like that. I wish you would have included a return address on the package...So I could send you things sometimes...Anywho..before I start rambling...I was just up. Thinking about my bright, brave, and adventurous baby girl...missing the sound of her voice..."

"I know it's been a while but...Don't ever think you don't still have a home here or my support because you do.  And I'm sorry for making you feel as if you didn't. I hope you're happy and I hope you're safe. Thats all any mother ever wants..."

"So when you get a chance, give your old mama a call. Anytime. Any day...I'm here."

"Ok...I love you, Aria baby...and um...Happy Birthday. Bye bye."

*Beep*