5

[Jade]

I have been sitting in my dad's office for the half hour, listening to his every words carefully. Apparently, some stupid company owned some stupid guy named Oliver Hudson managed to become second. But that did not bother me, what was bothering me is that this Oliver has a daughter who's marrying Lorenzo and that did not sit well with me.

"If we manage to become second and push Oliver Hudson's company back in the queue, Lorenzo will not have to marry Chloe." Dad explained with a smirk. "He is marrying her only for the money and because her dad is second, it would be a sight for the public and good business."

I don't even know why this is interesting me this much. I don't even know why i care but i have this urge to restore my family name to second and not just because of our reputation but because of that Chloe. I did not want her to marry Lorenzo and why? I do not know.

"Very well," i started, "Let's get our asses to work but before we do that, dad, im not doing this so that Chloe does not get married to Lorenzo. Im doing this because our family name needs to be restored." He shook his head with a smile at my statement, clearly not believing a word im saying- can i blame him? Im having a hard time believing myself.

"Everything that i owned is now yours." Dad smiled proudly at me. "We will go to the main house later and introduce you as the new leader but now, you need to go to the office and host a meeting with the board. You said it yourself, let's get our asses to work."

Smiling at both him and myself, i went to my room to get ready for the meeting. I can't believe this, im finally getting what i always dreamt of and there is no way im backing out. No matter what happens or what life throws at me, I'll take it as a damn challenge.

~

I have to hire an assistant.

I was currently sitting in my dad's old office which is now my new office, going through papers and my schedule for today and that is when the thought of hiring an assistant crossed my mind. I cannot and will not be able to do all this alone. Sighing, i called Alexa, the receptionist downstairs. "How may i help you miss Carrington?"

"Alexa, I need an assistant. Will you find someone capable for the job?" I asked, hoping to receive a yes and as if god heard me, i received just that. "Yes of course. There is someone suitable for the job, i will send her to your office after your meeting with the board."

"Fuck." I cursed, completely forgotten about the meeting. I have been busy reading files on everyone in the building. Alexa chuckled on the other side, "Goodluck." Thanking her, i declined the call before rushing to the meeting room where i was greeted with everyone, all men. They seemed surprised to see me here instead of my dad. I glanced at my watch- 5 minutes late.

"Gentlemen, sorry for making you wait." I apologised in the most professional tone as i could fake before making my way to my seat. "I had trouble finding the meeting room." Some of them nodded in understanding while others were glaring at me. I glared back, making them lower their gaze. Smiling in victory, i said, "As most of you know, im Jade Carrington and im now the boss of you lots."

"You're not going to be fit for this job." A man who i never saw before rolled his eyes, "We are already third in the business list, with you? We might as well make it last."

"Allow me to prove you wrong, mr...." I waited for him to tell me his name, "Jacob."

"Jacob." I continued, "We will make it second by the end of the month if you all cooperate with me and work together." I received Impressed glances by some of the men which made me mentally bump fist the air. Jacob chuckled, "Your father kept you away from this business. Why did he suddenly sign everything to you?"

"I don't have to answer to you, Jacob. This business has my name to it and I don't think you have a right to have a problem considering the name Jacob isn't the one written in bold and decorated with led lights glued on the top of the building- my building." I said, trying my best to keep my calm.

"Well, i surely hope that you will keep your word and this company will reach second by the end of the month." Jacob spoke again. I gave him a fake tight smile before replying, "Oh, it will but unfortunately, you won't be here to celebrate with us. You're fired."

"What? I did nothing wrong!" Jacob snapped making me glare at him. "You questioned my authority as well as my ability to get this company back it's reputation." I pointed out.

"Fucking bitch." He hissed. "You're not getting paid for this month due to the foul language. Please get your stuff from your office and get the hell out of here." I was mentally laughing at myself for this but god, was it fun. Without another word, he grabbed his bag and left the room.

"Any questions?" I asked, smiling at everyone who shook their head. "Okay then, get back to work." With that, everyone left the meeting room, leaving me alone, relaxing on the very comfortable chair.

What a great first day. At least, i made an impression.