2 - The Prank

Vanessa

I rush into the kitchen. I see Josh and Zach, they're drunk and playing beer pong. I see Daniella watching them at the kitchen island. I walk over and ask, "Have you seen Alicia?"

Daniella looks at me and furrows her eyebrows. "No." She says.

"Shit." I say.

"Why?" She asks.

"Everybody is planning on pulling this fucked up prank on her. I'm trying to find her to keep her away from them." I say in one breath.

Daniella huffs and stands up straight from leaning on the counter and she turns to me. "Come on, let's go find her." I nod and follow her out of the kitchen.

Josh

I stop. "What were they saying?" I ask Zach and he shrugs.

"Something about Alicia." He says. I look down. What has she gotten herself into now? I decide to let the girls handle this one and I continue playing. I make it into a cup and I celebrate. Zach gives me a cold look, but I know he doesn't actually care.

Alicia

I walk into the second floor guest room and I see Leon sitting on the bed. He smiles. I smile, then I close the door. He says, "I knew you'd come." His voice is low and flirtatious. He stands up and walks over to me. My heart begins to race. He grabs my hips and pushes me up against the wall. Butterflies. I place my hands on his shoulders, they're muscular, just like I imagined. I look up into his blue eyes.

"You have no idea how long I've waited for you..." I say. I hate how shaky my voice is when I say this, but he just smirks in a menacing way.

"I know." He says. Of course he does. He leans in. I lean in, then suddenly, the lights turn on and Leon steps back. I look around in a sort of panic and watch as all my friends come out of their hiding places. I freeze. I feel tears in my eyes. They laugh, but I don't. "Oh, Alicia, I'm sorry." Leon says. I look at him. He grins and goes in for a hug, but I step back and turn and leave. I rush past Vanessa and Daniella and rush down the stairs. I feel betrayed. How could... I can't... I need to leave. I can't be here right now. I'm so embarrassed.

Vanessa

"Alice!" Daniella and I say in unison. Then she rushes after her. I look at the group and shake my head in disappointment. I look at each of them. Leon, Calvin, Cassidy, and Claire have a look of regret on their faces, but Mei and Tera seem quite proud. I feel sick. "You should be ashamed of yourselves." I say.

"It was just a prank, Ness." Mei says, her voice annoyed and defensive.

I actually laugh. "No." I pause and let my smile fade to let them know I'm serious. "This was more than just a prank. You guys played with her feelings. That's betrayal." I say.

"We didn't mean-"

"No. Cass, just wait til Josh finds out about what you-" I stop and look at all of them. "What all of you did to his baby sister." I shake my head again and I turn and leave.

Josh

"Why would you do this to her?" I ask my friends, but now I'm not so sure they're my friends at all.