Chapter Thirty

Começar do início

I sent her a text asking how she is followed by a kiss in a symbol of an x.

I also checked my messages which were mainly from my mother and sister. My mother was asking if we have set a date for the wedding as she has notified my grandparents.

I texted her back telling her that we are having a long engagement. I fingered the ring on my finger. I always thought that being engaged would be a happy event but this just feels false. Then again it is false we are not technically engaged. With that thought I drifted off to sleep.

"Are you ever going to wake up?" I heard a female voice murmur followed by a shake on my shoulder.

I grunted opening my eyes for moment to glimpse Casey standing there looking beautiful in a cream evening dress. She leaned over to shake me again on the shoulder.

"Wake up." She kneeled on the bed to peer into my face. "Open your eyes we got somewhere to be."

I leaned back on my elbow to regard her. "What are you talking about?" My room was dark so I guessed the time to be pretty late.

"My mum cooked a dinner. Ashley meant to of informed you." She sat on the side of the bed rubbing my arm. "Hurry up and get ready you were expected twenty minutes ago."

I supported my back on the leather headboard rubbing the sleep from my eyes. "I don't feel like attending any family meal. I just got from Dc I am still on coastal time."

Casey got up to go to the adopted wardrobe in the corner. She pulled out a couple of dressing making faces at each one. "Why are you still in your uniform?"

I looked down at my attire, grimacing as I realised what I done. I got up from the bed bending my back stretching my legs and arms. I felt like I slept in an awkward position.

"I decided to go back to work today." I explained.

"Here, this dress looks more acceptable for dinner." She flung down a black and white dress. "Hurry up and put that on."

I rolled my eyes at her high handedness. "I really do not think it is a good idea for me to go to dinner." I began taking off my clothes. "Your mother hates me."

Casey scrunched up her nose tilting her head from side to side as if pondering over my words. "Hmm... She can be overprotective."

"That is one way of describing her." I answered.

"I know she can be over bearing as well." She sat on the chair next to the bed picking up the book that I have been trying to read for months. "You have been reading porn before bed."

I gave a snort at her description of the book. "It is not porn."

"You were reading about sex. Thinking about sex. Then that is porn. Just like watching it. You dirty girl." Casey gave me a lopsided smile. "I don't know why you went back to work. You're a Wentworth now."

I pulled the dress over my head it came to down to my knees. I remember getting it when shopping with Lexi and Nova. A time when all three of us got along and were the best of friends. I missed that life. When I think back to a year ago hell even six months ago I think of happier times.

"You ready now?" She stood up from the chair coming towards me running her fingers through my hair. She tried to fan the dark hair trickles around my face. "You look good to go."

I made sure to look in the mirror before leaving. I was tempted to put on some make up but declined.

I past a large oak grandfather clock on the way to the west wing where the rest of Ashley family was housed.