Protected

Jason leaned against the wall and sighed. This was as boring as boring could get. Watching Dick play with a bug on the pavement was entertaining, but to a point. "Well," Jason clapped his hands and took two steps. "I'm going to go have a look around, and you are going to stay here and play with your stupid bug."

Dick looked up and his blue eyes peeled out from his mask. "But, Dami- Nightwing said to stay here! And the Joker might be around!"

Jason mockingly saluted his little brother as he ran off and left Dick alone. Dick looked around to see if Jason was just playing around, or if he really left. Dick swallowed in nervousness as he realized Jason was really gone. "J- Robin this, this isn't funny!" He called out and shrunk up against the buildings wall. Dick felt his heart leap into his chest when the sound of shuffling deer could be heard. "Robin?" He asked. More footsteps. "Jason?"

"Look what we have here," said a malicious voice as a head of green hair came into view. "Hello Bat Baby."

~~~~~~~~
Tom followed Damian out the door to see Jason tugging on the ends of his hair and quickly breathing. "What happened? Where's Grayson?!" Damian screamed.

Jason looked up and started to shake his head. "He's, he's gone."

"GONE?" Damian yelled. "How is he GONE??"

Jason whimpered as he held up a playing card, which Tim took gingerly. "Joker was here," he sighs. "This isn't good."

Damian grabbed the collar of Jason's suit and shoved him against the wall. "You had one job Todd! ONE JOB!!! And you let your baby brother get kidnapped by the Joker creep!!!!" He dropped Jason in a heap and hissed, "you wandered off while he stood by himself didn't you?"

Jason lifted a hand in surrender. "Damian, I wasn't thinking-"

"OF COURSE YOU WEREN'T THINKING, YOU NEVER THINK!"

Tim placed a hand on the eldests shoulder. "It's not Jason complete fault," he started. "We just have to get this all figured out before Bruce gets back."

"Figure out what before I get back?" The boys turned around and cringed when Batman walked up, scowl chiseled into his face.

Jason looked up and started to cry. "It's Dick, I didn't protect him," he started. Jason then told the whole story to Bruce, who spit out one or two profanities after hearing the story.

"You are all getting into huge trouble as soon as we go get Dick," Bruce deadpanned. He then pulled out a small computer and pointed to the screen. "Dick has a tracking device in the bottom of his shoe. This is where he is right now-"

"So let's go," Damian glared at Jason. "Before something really unfortunate happens."

~~~~~~~~
Dick opened his eyes to see nothing but concrete walls. His head ached terribly, and his wrists were sore from the zip-tie bondage. He tried to wiggle free, but he was unable to due to the panic that was over taking him. "Help!" He cried out in desperation. "Jason! Tim, Damian!"

"Now now, " came a laugh. "If you tell me the secret identities of the Bat Brats I won't have anymore fun!" Dick looked up, and a gloved hand grabbed his chin, yanking it up so he had to look right at the Jokers ugly face. "And we want to have some fun, don't we?"

Dick spat in his face in response, earning a laugh back. "There there Bird Boy, that wasn't very nice. But if you want to play like that," the Joker pulled out a dented crowbar from his back pocket, "I'm up for a round."

~~~~~~~~~

"Now if Bruce breaks this window, and Jason follows, Damian and I can come through this door and take down the Joker, distracting him long enough to grab Dick and send Clown Boy to Arkhem. Also-"