CHAPTER 21 - Prophecy

You went inside the dam, watching your step like Mr. Beaver told you to. But as soon as you sat down, you were itching to ask a question. "I expect this is the safer quarters. Why am I called 'Your Highness'? I'm just... me."

"Well, Dear," Mrs. Beaver spoke. "It's because everyone in Narnia knows you are a princess! The princess!"

"Aslan's daughter!" Mr. Beaver interrupted. "The story goes that He sent you to another world to keep you safe and then when you return, you'll be with two Sons of Adam and two Daughters of Eve. Oh and everyone knows of Your magic, Your Highness!"

You frowned a bit in thought, nodding. You didn't ask about 'Aslan' because the name seemed very familiar to you. It could be seen that it didn't seem familiar to the others though. "Well, is there anything we can do to help Mr. Tumnus?" you asked, since that seemed more important than your heritage.

"They'll have taken him to the Witch's," Mr. Beaver spoke. "And you know what they say - there's few that go through the gates and come out again."

"Fish 'n' chips?" Mrs. Beaver asked, trying to lighten the mood in the room. You nodded to her gratefully before she continued, putting a paw on Lucy's shoulder. "But there is hope, Dear. Lots of hope."

Mr. Beaver spat out his drink. "Oh, yeah! There's a right bit more than hope!" he lowered his voice. "Aslan is on the move."

"Who's Aslan?" Edmund asked. "I mean, He's Y/n's father, sure, but who is he?"

Mr. Beaver laughed. "'Who's Aslan'? You cheeky little blighter," but he quieted when he saw your confused faces. "You don't know, do you?"

"We haven't exactly been here very long," Peter pointed out.

"Well He's only the King of the whole wood," Mr. Beaver started, clearly sarcastic at the 'only' part. "The top geezer. The Real King of Narnia."

"He's been away for a long time," Mrs. Beaver explained. "Right after He let all Narnians know Y/n was safe." You smiled softly, hearing your father, whom you haven't met yet, cared about you so much.

"But He's just got back!" Mr. Beaver said excitedly. "And He's waiting for you near the Stone Table!"

"He's waiting for us?" Lucy asked.

"You're bloomin' joking!" Mr. Beaver exclaimed. "They don't even know about the Prophecy!"

"Well, then...," Mrs. Beaver said, gesturing for her husband to explain.

"Look," Mr. Beaver stated, calmly but exasperatedly. "Aslan's return, Tumnus' arrest, the Secret Police - it's all happening because of you!"

"You're blaming us?" Susan asked offendedly.

You put a hand on her shoulder to calm her down. "I'm sure he doesn't mean it like that," you said with a smile.

"Exactly! Not blaming, thanking you," Mrs. Beaver backed up your statement.

"There's a prophecy," Mr. Beaver began again [Although it wasn't in the movie, I also added the first (official) part and a part about you]. "

'Wrong will be right, when Aslan comes in sight,

at the sound of his roar, sorrows will be no more,

when he bares his teeth, winter meets its death,

and when he shakes his mane, we shall have spring again.

The princess shall return and bright light will glow.

So when Adam's flesh and Adam's bone sits at Cair Paravel in throne,

the evil time will be over and done.'"