CHAPTER 32 - Agreement

"Enough," the latter said, clearly done with the Witch scaring His family, the Narnians. "I shall talk with you alone." Just like that, Jadis followed Aslan into the big tent.

The air was thick from nerves as all of you were sitting down on the grass, waiting for the solution. "It'll be alright," you said for the upteenth time. "I know it will." Just as your sentence ended, you all had to stand up again since Jadis came out of the tent, a content look on her cold face.

Aslan followed her. Yet, you noticed Him looking a little bit sad. "She has renounced her claim on Son of Adam's blood," He declared. But something, the comforting firm tone, was missing from His voice.

"How do I know your promise will be kept?" Jadis interrupted the Narnian cheers, about to sit down on her chair. Aslan semi-roared, baring his teeth. That shut the Witch up and she was on her way.

As all were celebrating, you walked up to Your Father. "Is everything alright?" you asked.

He smiled sadly at you. "It will be, Y/n. But you have to make a promise to me." You nodded solemnly. "Whatever happens, get enough sleep."

You grinned. "Of course."

Your Father nodded towards the Narnians. "Now go celebrate."

***

Night had fallen over the camp but none of you in the girls' tent couldn't sleep. But you had made a promise so you pretended to be asleep while Susan and Lucy snuck out. Actually, the pretending was just the thing you needed to fall asleep and even before Lucy and Susan had taken a few steps outside the tent, you were sound asleep.

"Shouldn't you both be in bed?" Aslan asked the two girls.

They came out of hiding. "We couldn't sleep," Lucy excused.

"Please, Aslan," Susan asked. "Couldn't we come with you?"

"I would be glad of the company for a while," the Great Lion admitted. "Thank you." They walked on a few more steps before Aslan asked them another question. "Is Y/n asleep?" They both nodded. "That's good."

***

You were woken by a soft breeze that told you the news in a quiet voice. You pursed your lips sadly, now knowing what the agreement was.