CHAPTER 6 - Raining

"Of course," Peter smiled at her while Susan sent a thankful smile to you.

It was raining. Of course it was raining. Why wouldn't it be raining on the day you were supposed to go exploring the outside? [Sense the sarcasm?]

You sat in front of Lucy. "Y'know there's still the whole house," you said, trying to lighten her mood. She only looked at you a bit, showing that she was listening. "What if there are... secret doors, or maybe... or maybe secret passages in the walls?" She seemed more interested now. "We never know before we find out, right?"

Susan snapped the book on her lap shut, agitated by Edmund's comment about her preferred time-spending activity.

"We- We could go exploring!" Lucy said happily. "Inside the house!"

You nodded from the background, standing up. "There are probably hundreds of rooms here."

"I don't want to just trail around the house!" Edmund argued.

Lucy frowned. "Then what about hide and seek?"

"But we're already having so much fun," Peter said, glancing at Susan.

"Come on Peter, please!" Lucy pleaded. "Pretty please?" She made puppy eyes at him.

"One. Two. Three. Four..."

"What?" Edmund asked and Susan put her book aside. You grinned, knowing you could just run off into a far part of the house and probably not be found for hours.

You left the room with Lucy but then went straight and up another staircase while she went right and down. You speed-walked along the hall, turned a corner, went in a door, realized you were probably going to get lost, went up another staircase, turned left, [I'm just writing whatever here, ngl] went down the hall, took a right turn and were met with double doors. 'Library' read the sign. Your eyes trailed to your locket.

Hmmm, you thought. I'm pretty far so, maybe, I could see a book about magnetic fields or something.