Light in the Dark

Start from the beginning

"Good idea." Luca and I chime together.

I have one last weird look at the lipstick on his fat hairy chest, disgust swimming in my eyes, before closing the door to the hotel room with my leather gloved hand

We silently got back inside the elevator, and began our decent to the ground floor, where the hall room is.

When we got back inside the ball room, we were once again consumed by the sound of the band playing a symphony of beautiful notes, that blended into a danceable song.

"Where have you been?" We all jumped slightly at the sharp tone of Rina, who had snuck up behind us as soon as we stepped two feet inside the room.

"Club."

"Shagging girls in the toilet."

"Weed."

I have no idea why we thought any of those answers would be sufficient, let alone get us out of trouble.

"Was whatever you were doing worth it?" She sighed, her fingers pressed against her forehead in disapproval.

"Yes... we think." Leo mumbled, looking down at the aura of Rina and her annoyance.

"All three of you, get your asses inside and start talking to guests before I drive you back to New York and strangle you." She ordered, her lips sealed in a tight lipped smile.

I wasted no time in splitting off from the others and started aimlessly mingling with guests, all of whom were very interested in talking to me.

But whenever I had a moment, my mind drifted back to my little sister, and where she is.

"Am I correct is thinking you are the current Don of the French Mafia?" Rafael Soto asked.

Rafael is a major cocaine dealer who grows most of his business in Colombia. For years he has supplied Giovanni with regular drug shipments, and lately, he has been trying to make a deal with the French Mafia.

"Yes, Teodoro Vitale, call me Theo." I replied as I shook his outstretched hand.

Being formal is so irritating.

"Pleasure to meet you Theo, I am Rafael Soto," I know, "I would like you to know, you have our full support in the war from the Soto Cartel, in America and Colombia."

"Thank you Rafael." I responded, both of us raising our glasses and taking a sip of our champagne.

L I V I A N A

"I'm still cold."

"I gave you my jacket."

"But I'm still cold!"

"Do you need me to hug you?"

"Yes"

"Is that better?" I asked Xavier as I wrapped my arms around him, letting the warmth of my body heat his freezing one.

"Yes." He smirks, leaning down and kissing my forehead.

"You're such a big baby." I coo, a smile on my face.

"I am not!" He protests.

"Relax, mon beau, it's cute." I smile as I reach up and wrap my arms around his neck.

"I am not cute. Manly! Handsome! Sexy! Slightly dramatic! But I am not cute!" He says in a playful tone, that same annoyingly cute smirk on his face.

"Okay, okay. You're not cute, you're mignon." I smirk back, watching as his deep brown eyes smile down at me.

"Calling me cute in French still counts as calling me cute, querida." He replies, leaning down slightly so his face is opposite mine.
Darling

"You know you love it." I tease back.

"Nah. But I'll deal with it cause I love you."

The smile that graced my lips continued to grow with every word he spoke; butterflies fluttering around in my stomach.

"I love you too."

As soon as the words left my mouth, his lips crashed against mine in a mind blowing kiss.

He didn't hold back one bit as he pulled me even closer with his firm grip on my waist, as my hands lightly pulled at his shoulder length hair he is determined to get cut as soon as possible.

And I didn't hold back as I let his tongue pass my lips, letting him take full control of the kiss as his hands slid up and down my waist, never too far or too low.

Fucking gentlemen don't know when to switch.

We broke away slowly, the need for air becoming too great to the point we had to pull back.

I opened my emerald eyes slowly, only to see Xavier already staring down at me with a peaceful and loving look on his face.

"I've been waiting so long to do that." He mumbled as he rests his forehead against mine.

"I'm glad we got to do it in such an amazing place."

Nothing beats the view from the top of the Empire State Building at night, with the city lights shimmering from below;

showing that even in the darkest of time, there is always something ready to brighten it all up.