A single drop of blood

Start from the beginning

William snapped you out of your death related thoughts.

"Now why are you being so gentle going through that window? You can't be worried of getting cut on shards of glass, I thought getting cut turned you on—"

"Go fuck yourself. I don't cut myself on purpose, I have to fight for my goddamn life." You scolded.

You got through without losing a limb and jumped down. You must've let your guard down while being near William since the second your feet meet with the concrete below you, a figure slammed into you, throwing you across the floor and knocking all the air out of your lungs.

As you opened your eyes you saw a large figure rise to its feet as a smaller body with one immediately blocked the window, leaving William inside.

«...Kanine? » you panted as air reentered your lungs. «and Ash—? ».

« Not exactly sis. »

Your heart stopped.
How could she be here.
She's supposed to be d—

Your older sister, Adira l/n, came into the moonlight, accompanied by an extremely mad looking Kanine.

« Back from the dead? » she forced a smile.

Okay okay, you had to admit that there always was a detail from your childhood you had left out and that detail was currently standing in front of you.

The person you had cared for the most apart from your aunt,

Both people you had murdered in cold blood.

So why on earth was one of them standing in front of you?

« Is auntie going to come out the corner with a surprise banner or what the fuck? » you nagged as you got to your feet, still wondering what sorcery made corpses walk and talk.

« Oooh no she's a hundred percent in her grave, probably wailing to another skeleton about how much she loathes you. » Adira snickered, Kanine looked like he wanted you dead but in a nice way?

The look on his face was confusing, it looked like pain mixed with anger and the absolute look of fury in his eyes— his eye. Kanine was missing an eye, in its place was a mess of blood and open flesh.

« Fuck sake William... » you mumbled under your breath. « So you joined the agency to have your payback for what happened over 10 years ago? » you jabbed.

« YOU FUCKING MURDERED MY FAMILY Y/N. HOW CAN YOU ACT LIKE IT WAS ALL A BIG CLUMSY ACCIDENT?!! » Adira shrieked.

Damn scream louder bitch i don't think Mexico heard you.

« Actually we found her and brought her here. » Ash answered, his voice echoing all around you.

« And what a lovely surprise to hear that not only is my sister not locked up for what she did, NOT ONLY is she murdering people as her job BUT SHE JUST BETRAYED THE GOVERNMENT AS WELL?? » your sister yelled. « Bitch if it were up to me you would be dead a long time ago. »

« Except it isn't up to you and you don't know half the story. » Kanine snarled at her, making her jump.

« What Kanine means is that you'll get all the time in the world to catch up and learn what really happened between you, your little sister and your aunt 12 years ago but for now we have to catch her. And that is a pain in the ass to do since your sister may or may not have the strength of a bulldozer. » Ash explained as he finally came out of the shadows to the right of Adira.

Perfect timing.

William leaped to his throat, taking him down in a loud thud to the floor.

« Nice to see you Y/n, you never told me you had a sister. » William said as he got back up, strolling over to Adira who immediately backed as far away as possible. « Such a shame she's so charming too. »

« William concentrate please. » you sighed as Kanine looked ready enough to turn William into slime and I'm not talking about the type 10 year olds play with.

« Oh deary me, was losing an eye not enough? » William chanted as Kanine got closer, the noise in his throat sounding anything but human.

« I can't believe she's doing all this for an absolute scumbag like you. » Kanine hissed.

« Would you be surprised if I told you this was definitely not the first time I've been told that? » William continued jabbering gleefully.

« YOU ABSOLUTE SON OF A BITCH » Kanine yelled as he started throwing unbelievably fast shots at William who avoided each one gracefully.

He was very agile and moved amazingly but you had already been a witness of that in... other circumstances.

« Yknow Kanine has always been fond of you. » Ash's voice said into your ear.

You spun around to see him looming over you, his stare stuck onto the two men fighting in front of you.

« Wha—« you mumbled.

« At first I thought it was a big brother thing but seeing his actions these last couple days in particular really have got me thinking it's something else. » he continued. « Too bad you decided to leave us. »

« JUST SHUT UP. » you snapped. « ALL THIS PRESSURE THESE CHOICES JUST STOP ALL OF IT. » you yelled.

You felt the tip of your dagger under your shirt press onto your stomach. That drop of blood dripping.

Just as it did 12 years ago.