The hunt for clues begins

4:36 am

"What the-"
You had been awoken by a slight beeping noise. You searched across the room with your eyes for your bag, it was across the room.
Shit this was gonna hurt.
You pushed the blanket off yourself and managed to get off the huge bed. Your movements brought you less pain than the night before but still felt as if  kids had mistaken you for a piñata except that they weren't hitting you with a stick but a chainsaw.

This pain wasn't great but was gonna be manageable for you. You headed slowly to your bag before retrieving your phone.
Flo.

"Y/n I don't know if you're going to get this message immediately since you're in  quite a bad state but we've received more information about the case, we'll talk about it when you get home, so basically whenever you can get around without too much pain.
- Flo"

Finally the case was advancing... but...
Why weren't you happy about it though?

Don't get too close with the people here y/n, once this is over, you'll never see them again, you thought to yourself.
This is just like every other mission.

You stumbled back to your bed, trying in vain to get a little more sleep. Tomorrow you would try investigating around William's house, searching for a clue that could lead you either to a suspect or to the actual killer himself.
After a while you managed to go to sleep, dreaming about apple pies and stabbing people.

You awoke about an hour later, not in too much pain or anything but, just with a weird eerie feeling, like something was very, very wrong. The feeling wouldn't go away and wouldn't let you go back to sleep so you got up checking the time that read 5:51.
Perfect you could make some breakfast, that would probably stop the creepy feeling crawling up your spine.

You creeped up to your door before gently opening it with a creek, it was still dark out but there was just enough light for you to see the outlines of the endless corridor filled with doors before arriving at the top of the staircase.
You slowly but steadily made your way down the staircase, holding onto the safety rail for dear life.

You arrived into the kitchen a good 10 minutes later and as you got ingredients out, the sun started to rise, the rays of light filling up the room, giving you the feeling you never left your bed.
You had finished preparing some nice fluffy pancakes when you felt William put his head in your neck.

"Good morning princess" you said, putting back down the maple syrup you had just retrieved from a cupboard.

William mumbled something inaudible before hugging you. You turned around to face him.

"What was that?" You asked, pushing the strands of his messy hair out of his face.

"Marry me" he mumbled while pulling you back in for a hug.

"If food is what you want you can just hire a cook y'know that right?" You said, pulling away from William to get the food ready and served.

William continued mumbling while walking over to the counter and sat down, it looked like he was ready to go back to sleep at any moment.

« How are you up on your feet already? » he managed to ask between yawns.

« I heal fast? I dunno » you answered placing some pancakes cakes with syrup in front of the man.

« Well I've got to go over to the diner for an hour or two today I've got... problems to take care of. » William said before eating a pancake.

« What kind of problems? » you asked, your curiosity really wanted to know but you also were relieved that William wasn't going to be here, that meant you could do your research without the risk of the man seeing you.

After a short while William finally answered, « lawsuits. »

« Again? I thought there hadn't been murders in well over a month » you said, any information you could get out of this guy would be crucial.

« I do love speaking with you love but I've got to go, Henry is probably waiting for me" he said while getting up.
You noticed he hadn't finished his plate.
Either he wasn't hungry or he wanted to leave quickly to avoid your conversation.

Either way, you waited for his car to leave before going back up to the room you were staying in and grabbing your laptop. You immediately called Flo to know what were the new details he had learnt about the case, you couldn't wait to get back to the apartment to know, especially when you were in one of the suspects houses. All alone.

After ringing for a while, Flo finally picked up.

"Hey are you feeling better?? I'm really sorry that I wasn't the one taking care of you but William insisted on being the one to take you home, even the paramedics couldn't convince him to let you stay at the hospital." He said in a guilty voice.

"Don't worry about it honestly, he's not at home right now which is the perfect opportunity for me to search through his stuff." You reassured him. "Anyways what's the information you found out about the case?" You asked, more impatient than ever.

"Well I didn't really have to search very far to find it." He said pausing to get what looked like a newspaper cutout from one of his many piles on his desk. "Two children have gone missing, both after spending a birthday party at fredbears." He said, not daring to look up at the camera and into your eyes.

Two more fucking kids had disappeared under your nose.
You were smug at home while two families mourned over the disappearance of their kids.

How useless could you possibly be?

"Hey y/n, before you start feeling bad or anything, let me remind you the amounts of times you had to avoid death in the spam of like a week" he said, finally looking up at your eyes which, to no one's surprise, were filled with anger.

"I shouldn't be getting into these accidents. I could have avoided them both. I need to concentrate." You said, trying to calm down. "Flo, I've got to go find info on William, could you could pick me up tonight?" You asked him while getting up, ready to explore the mysterious man's house.

"Sure- wait really already?? You nearly got gutted and want to work so soon?" He asked, this kinda offended you. Have you been lacking off to the point even Flo was surprised when you actually got to work?

"We are not on holiday but on a mission Flo, act like it." You said before hanging up.

Okay well, where's Williams room?