Family revelation

How did you not hear the car arrive in the garage??!

You didn't have time to think about that, you needed to figure your way out of this.
You noticed William's room had its own bathroom, without hesitation you headed there immediately but not in time.

You heard William sigh,
« I knew I should have bought a better lock for my door... Y/n, would you care to explain what you are doing in my room especially when I'm not in it. »

« I needed new bandages for my stomach to avoid letting my guts free all over your floor » you said, turning your back to William with your hand nearing the bathroom door handle, « I couldn't find any in the main bathroom so I wondered if you had... » you were cut off by quickly approaching footsteps, you spun around.

William was, once again, in his favorite position. So close to your face you could feel his breath on your face except this time, he had you pinned against the wall.

« Woh there buddy, a little too close for comfort don't you think- » you started before being once again cut off.

« don't lie to me y/n. » he growled, « why did you go through my private papers? » his nails digging into the wall behind you.

« Why did you lie to me about your family??" You retorted, determined to know the truth.

Anger filled Williams eyes, you were worried that this might escalate into fighting or worse.

"How dare you..." it was your turn to cut him off.

"How can I trust you if I know nothing about you?!" You snapped.

You were both surprised at your reaction.

"You want... trust?" William asked,his eyes softening while backing off from you.

You nodded, did you?
William sat down on his bed with his head down before looking up at you,
"Well, what do you want to know?"

"Wait, can I ask you anything?" You said, a million questions entered your mind.

"Well, almost anything. I do have a private life y'know, unless you want to cross that barrier?" He smirked.

"Okay, no" you said heading over to sit next to him.

You paused for a moment, wondering what you could ask him without raising too much suspicion. You couldn't ask him anything about the murders since he would guess that you were here to investigate them and would pay extra attention around you.

"Y/n?" William asked, you had been silent for well over a minute now.

"What... happened to your family?" You asked quietly.

William looked at you, locking eye contact. You tried searching for any type of emotion on his face but none ever came.

"My youngest boy died, thrown into Fredbear's mouth by his own brother causing his head to get crushed under the strength of the animatronics jaws, my daughter had a similar accident, she also got too close to an animatronic. Then Micheal, the one who killed his own brother.. disappeared with his mother." He admitted, a hint of sadness in his voice.

No matter how this man hid his thoughts and feelings, deep down he was human.
Unless he killed people, then he was a monster.

But so were you.

You stood there for a while, speechless. He had lost his whole family.
"How long ago did all this happen?" You managed to ask.

"Around 6 months ago." He replied, looking down at his hands.

"Not too lonely?" You said, hoping he wouldn't be mad at your question.
He simply looked at you, his lips pursing into a light smile.

"Not anymore no."
You smiled back, pleased to know you could make him feel at least a little bit better.

"Do you think you could show me those animatronics you worked on? The rosy cheek ones?" You asked, pointing towards the plans on his desk. You had to see these animatronics Henry seemed so against.

"Not right now, I've been reworking them for the last couple weeks." He said, looking over to the sketches he had drawn. "But when I finish them up sure."
He said, getting up from his bed.

You thought of a question which didn't really help you learn more information about the case but that you really wanted to know for some reason.

« Hey Will? » you asked, looking up at the man towering over the bed.

« Hmm? »

« Your wife... are you two divorced? » you asked, slightly embarrassed. You saw the smirk rising on Williams face and immediately blurted out, « I'm just curious okay ?! »

William leaned in front of you,
« Sure you are darling, wipe that blush off your face and try lying less mmh? »

« I DONT SEE WHA- I MEAN- » you stuttered turning your red face away before having William hold your chin, forcing you to look into his eyes.

« I'm just joking love, don't get into all those states » he chuckled, releasing his hold and smiling softly.

Did he look at yours lips or are you that embarrassed that you're imaging things??

You stayed silent, thinking about whatever happened in the last 5 minutes, as William was at his door.

« Don't worry love, » he said, looking back at you, « I'm all yours. » he smirked.

You threw a cushion at him hoping it would knock him out and make him shut up but he caught it.
Damn, quick reflexes.

« Cushions aren't the best weapons you know? » he remarked, lowering the cushion « want any apple pie tonight? You didn't eat any last time I made you some »

You looked at William, very confused.
« What do you mean? » you questioned.  « Last time you made me pie I even hugged you to thank you.»
You wondered if William was around that age where amnesia hit.

« Nope, you didn't eat. You were too occupied complaining about your friend's order. » he snickered, turning his head back towards the door and holding onto the handle.

You were completely lost.
What the heck is he talking about? Maybe it was an unfunny joke of his.

« Oh uh what was his name again? Hmmm » he started exaggerating a thinking expression while scratching his chin.

« Oh yeah, David. »

You stood there, still as confused as before.
Wait.

You gasped suddenly as you realized,
The waiter.