Distraction

You shrieked in horror as you jumped awake from your nightmare, not a single part of your body wasn't trembling.

Flo shortly barged into the room.

"Y/n ??? What's going on??" He questioned as he rushed to your side, quickly but gently hugging you.

You couldn't speak yet, the images were still flashing before your eyes.

It wasn't me.

"Do you want tea or anything?" Flo asked quietly, sitting next to you on the bed.

You nodded, refusing tea wasn't one of your habits especially right now.

Flo smiled and left the room, only to reappear with a warm cup of tea cradled in between his hands.

You thanked him and sipped on the boiling water.

"I never understood how you can drink it like that... doesn't it burn?" Flo asked looking at you in confusion.

"Not that much" you lied.
You liked it this hot, the feeling of it sliding down your throat and the slight burning sensation was comforting for some reason.

After a while of sipping tea and getting your heartbeat back to a decently normal rate you looked up at Flo.

"I had a nightmare."

Flo remained silent, waiting for you to continue.

"About someone I care deeply for. That person... died."

"Died?" He asked, almost as if he too participated in your nightmare.

"Died." You answered back, leaning against the head of your bed.

"That's what caused you to scream." He said, "who was this person?"

"You know the aunt that took care of me as a child?"

His expression changed completely.
It went from thinking to a mix of worry and sorrow,
was there also fright in his eyes?

You both sat there in silence for a minute before Flo spoke up.

"You should try getting some more rest, if you need anything I'll be down the hall alright?"

Something was off but he was right, you needed sleep more than anything so you said goodnight and tried resting your eyes but to no surprise you couldn't,
your night was filled with thoughts coming from every direction.

~~~

The next morning you felt like utter shit.

You had thought about the nightmare from yesterday night and your conversation with Flo.

Less than a week left.
You shook your head.

You got up from your bed and met Flo downstairs.

"Hey y/n, ready to go to wor—? Wow... you look like you want to stab someone." He giggled nervously.

"Don't worry" you reassured him "I'm just exhausted, oh and by the way I don't think I'll be coming over to work today. I feel sick." You sighed.

You needed space and time to think with no distractions.

"Yeah I can understand that you need rest, I'll warn Henry but I'm sure he'll understand too." He said, "you, on the other hand HAVE to rest okay?? No spending the whole day thinking or searching up information like you usually do."

You scowled.
"If I'm going to spend the day off, might as well be useful? I'm not going to sleep all day." You said, Flo glared at you with a stern look.
"Okay okay ! I'll sleep like an hour or something just go to work already, you're gonna be late." You said annoyed.