Pop the hood

Lining my hellcat up next to the lime green 370z, I revved my engine up loudly against his turbo boosted engine. I've raced this guy before but in Malik's ZL1. He wouldn't recognize me in my own car. He's gonna be in for a shock considering i kicked his ass in the last race.

I noticed he rolled down his window. I did the same. " Slow boat!" He yelled over the engines.

Without a word I just smirked, tipped my sunglasses down and flipped him off before rolling up my window. Tightening my fingers around the steering wheel, I watched Marie hold the checkered flag up. As soon as it swung down I slammed on the gas and took off like a rocket, shifting as fast as i could while the rpms went up and I started aiming to redline it, skidding for just a moment but flying down and around the makeshift track.

Drifting around the stack of tires, I straightened out and peeked in the mirror at the Z struggling to catch up. Loser. I'll show you a slow boat...

Pushing my hellcat further, I flew around the bends and hit my brakes hard just as I crossed the finish line, working the gears back down. Everyone on the side lines screamed my name, cheering and shouting. This... this will never get old.

I slowly drove through the crowd and off the track in 2nd then into 1st so the next race can go.

Stepping out of my hellcat as the Z pulled up beside me, I noticed Finn hesitantly smacking a stack of bills into Malik's hand. Smugly, he counted it and nodded. I see they're still placing bets on me. It'd an unfair race but... only 4 people here know what's really under the hood.

Eric, the driver of said Z got out and shot me a look. " What kinda engine you running? I mean I was milking this thing! Gotta turbo and everything!"

I smiled, closing my car door. " 6.2 litre hemi. Makes 717 horsepower stock. STOCK." I giggled. " It's not stock however."

He scoffed. " I'm over here on 700 horsepower. Bro how."

" You must be new to the car game."

He nodded. " 4 months maybe. Enough to learn the basics and that I need a fast car. I had a buddy tune my car and shit..."

I laughed, fixing my hair that continued to fall out of my bun. " Not about having the fastest car, buddy. It's about having skills. You can run a twin turbo engine that makes the same as the hellkitty and you still ain't gonna win if you don't know how to drive it right. You're scared of it."

Coming around to my car, he crossed his arms. " Am not... You must have some insane skills though. Got any tips for a newbie?"

" Yeah, don't race when you don't know what's under the hood of your opponent's car."

" Ha-ha." He rolled his eyes, looking away.

Going over to his car, I opened his car door and popped the hood open. Going around I peered inside. " Hm." I murmered. " You can get a twin turbo if you wanted to up the power but I'm telling you, just learn the tricks of the trade. It'll help. You got a decent set up in here."

He leaned his hands on the edge of the engine bay. " Mind teaching me?"

I shook my head and stood straight as Malik came to me. He fanned me with a stack of bills playfully. " Making some nice bets tonight." He chuckled, counting out $150. " Idiot bet $200 that Eric would win against you just cuz he's got a turbo... Sorry homie." He glanced at Eric standing beside me.

His eyes fell to the engine bay and whistled. Doesn't beat his ZL1 but its not bad for just a kid.

Gazing at Malik as he peered inside a bit closer, I can't help but smile. Bet the grease monkey wants to get in there to tinker.  Knowing him he'd engine swap to a super charger.

Noticing Ben checking out Eric's car, I grabbed his arm. " Wanna win a race? Go against Ben's Toyota Avalon. It may be a widebody and look mean but hes running a 3.5 litre that only makes 301 horsepower. He's got a bottle of nos but his engine can only handle so much of it. He blew the last one tryna beat me."

* Ben's Toyota Avalon*

  Eric stared at the Toyota then glanced at his car

  Eric stared at the Toyota then glanced at his car. A look of worry hit him and I sighed. Fine. If he doesnt believe me...

Whisling, I waved Ben over. Eric was gonna say something but I spoke up first. " Hundred bucks says the Z can beat your ass."

Ben glanced at the Z, laughing as he brushed his long black hair out of his face. " Hundred bucks? Easy."

He dug in his pocket and pulled out his wallet, holding up a hundred dollar bill. Malik took both our bills and nodded at the car. Ben took off and I grabbed Eric's arm, towing him to the Z.

" I'm sorry but you're an idiot! Wasting a hundred bucks on me, I can't- What are you doing?"

I slid into the passenger seat and buckled the straps together. " Giving you pointers. Look kid. I started where you are too. Confused, lost many times but I worked to it as I learned. I'll give you one race with my guidance but that's it."

He nodded and jumped into the front seat, buckling up. I smiled, gesturing to the starting line.

Watching closely, he gripped the steering wheel hard, revving his engine. Ben revved in response. This should be fun...

Ryan this time flung the flag down and Eric took off. Head to head, Ben kept pace with us. " Now now now!" I shouted at we hit the drift curve. Eric threw the car sideways and we slid the corner. " Hold it! Go go go! Stop being scared of your car!"

Pressing the car further, the engine whined loudly. The fender passed Ben's and he started gaining distance." Milk the fucker! You can't be scared of it!" I barked at him. " You run this car! GO."

Flinging out of the next drift, he started increasing speed faster and faster. Glory hallelujah! That's what I'm talking about! Use the horsepower!

Flying through the finish line, he slammed the brakes. Skidding to a stop, the crowd went wild. I laughed excitedly, high fiving Eric before getting out of the car.

Malik laughed, wrapping me in his arms. " Nice job!" He exclaimed, giving Eric a fist bump. " Here homie. Gotta start somewhere." He passed a $50 to him and smiled. " The other half is hers cuz she helped."

Eric grinned and turned to the crowd. They all began high fiving each other, except Ben. Ben glared at me.

He mouthed ' bitch.' to me before walking towards Jenny and Alexandra. The whores... Disgusting. He's gonna go cry to them to get attention. Always does when he loses.