Chapter 12

It had been 2 weeks since Kai's return, and it seemed as though his schedule just continued to get busier. Zane waited for the fated call, or text, anything that could be sent to indicate that Kai wanted to meet with him once more, but it never came. It was torturous, having him so close and yet not being able to hold or speak with him at all. It almost felt worse than when he was away on business. This time, he had the chance to come visit, but he didn't. He wondered what he had done, did he say something wrong to him? Did he not reply often enough? Did.. did he find someone new to play with while he was away? That was his least favorite option. To wonder if his.. his.. his what? What was Kai to him? They were just fuck buddies no? So then why did it bother him so much if he gained one or two more. He was a mess.
  "Zane, I'm leaving now! I called a cab, so the car will be here in case you need to drive somewhere! It'll only take about a day, so I'll be back soon alright?" She said, the sound of jingling keys and rustling papers colliding with her voice.
  "Ah, alright, I'll see you soon darling!" He called down to her, not even walking to greet her. He was busy scrolling through his previous messages again, savoring and staring at the pictures Kai had sent near the beginning of his past trip. He looked so pretty.. and nervous. All of a sudden, he got a notification. Kai is calling... He slightly jumped, before clicking answer. He swallowed the nonexistent spit in his throat.
  "..Hello?" He heard a voice say, he bit the inside of his cheek, unsure of what to say after all this time.
  "Kai.. I miss you, please, can I come over? I want to hold you, and hear your voice.. I.. I'm desperate," Zane said, holding onto his phone tightly. There was a pause. For a number of minutes, there was just silence from the other end of the call.
  "..Be here in 10 minutes." A quiet mumble called from behind the screen, and yet it was all he needed to hear. The call was ended, and as soon as it was, Zane shoved his phone into his pocket, quickly making his way down the stairs as he ran to open the garage. 10 minutes, 10 minutes, 10.. fuck How was he supposed to get there in 10 minutes? He unlocked the car and got in. I'll just have to make it work.

---------

  The car screeched to a stop in front of Kai's apartment complex. Zane was sure he probably went over the speed limit, but it didn't matter to him now, the clock was ticking. 3 minutes he thought, checking his phone for the time. He ran inside, taking the stairs since Kai's room was only on the third story. "1 minute.." He muttered to himself, dashing down the hall to Kai's door. As soon as he got to it, he clicked the doorbell. Just a moment before time had run out. From the other side, Kai's heart raced, Is he really here? In that unreasonable amount of time? he thought, and yet it excited him. Even though he'd tried so hard to stay away.. Even though it seemed as if a needle had pricked his heart every time he saw Zane with Lucinda, he couldn't keep himself away. He bit his lip and moved his hands towards the lock, slowly opening the door as to not shatter his dreams too quickly. And yet, standing right there in front of him was Zane. Sweating, panting, and staring him dead in the eyes. He couldn't tell if his cheeks were red from running or blush, but either way it made Kai's heart melt.
  "You.. you idiot.." He mumbled, grabbing the collar of the other's shirt and dragging him into his apartment.
  "Stupid, stupid, idiot!" He exclaimed, pushing Zane down onto the couch.
  "Getting here in that amount of time shouldn't have even been possible! What is wrong with you?" He yelled, pulling his shirt off. Zane lay there motionless, part from shock and part from being in awe. It almost felt like a dream to be able to witness Kai's body in real life again. Every gentle line, every soft pattern of latticework on his skin. It was beautiful. He was beautiful.
  "God fucking-" Kai shoved his shorts off, "Fuck me!" He yelled, pulling Zane's head in to connect their lips.
  "Fuck me, wreck me, ruin me, touch me," he said, "Just hold me again." Zane lifted his arms to rub the meifwa's sides with his hands. Using his thumb to trace over moles or birthmarks.
  "You're so beautiful.." He muttered as he felt his body. Kai didn't say a word, unbuttoned and pulling off layers from Zane.
  "Should, should we take this to the bed?" Zane asked, caressing Kai's back, sides, and thighs. Kai's body trembled a little and he nodded. Zane picked the ginger in his arms and left the discarded pieces of clothing behind on the couch as he carried him to bedroom.

---------

Kai's hands were tied up above him as he arched his back and squirmed against his restraints. His legs spasmed as he came again for who knows how many times it's been. Kai was tired, and yet he didn't want it to end. He'd missed this for months, and he wanted to get back what he'd lost. Zane seemed to feel the same way with how he continuously rocked the other's body, not seeming to stop for a moment's rest. Kai stared at Zane, tracing all parts of him with his eyes. It was this man right here who was inside of him, who was using him, defiling him, holding him, pleasuring him, loving.. him. Tears began to pour from his eyes, whether it was from overstimulation or desperation he wasn't sure, but he let out a whine, causing Zane to look up into his eyes.
  "M-mas..ter.!" He said meekly, the last syllable getting stuck in his throat.
  "Y-Yes dear?" Zane muttered, trying to keep his voice steady.
  "K..Kisses.. please.." The meifwa whimpered. Zane's eyes slightly widened, a bit shocked from the soft tone of the request, and his body slowed down. The time's they had kissed were more so makeout sessions than actual kisses, the only one gentle enough to be considered a kiss was their first. They both agreed it'd be too intimate for an artificial relationship like theirs. Zane swallowed.
  "Are.. you sure?" He asked, lifting a hand to cup the other's cheek. Kai turned his head to the side and placed a gentle kiss onto the palm of his hand and nodded.
  ".. Of course dearest," he whispered, leaning in to place a kiss onto Kai's lips. The kiss lasted a while, neither wanting to pull away. When they did, they connected their lips quickly once again, as if keeping them parted would seperate them forever. Slowly, the sweet and soft kisses turned into sloppy saliva filled making out as they reached their ends once more. When they'd released, Kai slumped down, sinking into the mattress as Zane caught his breath. He reached his hands over to untie the rope around the other's wrists and left small kisses on the marks the fibers had created.
  "I'm sorry.. for ignoring you.." They muttered, lifting up their weak arms to wrap themselves around Zane's neck.
  "I thought.. you didn't need me anymore.." He said, nuzzling into the other's chest.
  "Why would you think that..?" Zane asked, cradling the other in his arms as they curled up into a circle.
  "You.. you kept ignoring my messages.. I'd just assumed.." He mumbled, trailing off. So it was his fault then Zane thought with a frown, twirling Kai's now short locks with his fingers.
  "Does that have to do with you cutting your hair?" He asked.
  "I didn't like.. feeling like Lucinda's replacement.." Kai said quietly, hiding his face in Zane's chest. Zane gently tilted up Kai's chin and looked him in the eyes.
  "I would never use you as a replacement, nor would I replace you with someone else." He said. His voice was so confident, Kai almost believed him. He let out a small chuckle.
  "Yeah.. I know that now."