Chapter 1

The day was perfect. Lucinda was dressed in white and walking down the aisle that was littered with flower petals. All of their loved ones were in their seats, admiring Lucinda on her special day.   
  With the groom standing at the altar waiting for his soon-to-be wife to be his forever, the day was glorious. After the vows were spoken and Zane and Lucinda had pledged their loyalty to each other and had their first kiss as husband and wife, everyone entered the main event, the dinner party.
  Everything was perfect. Except for the times Zane had looked up to gaze at Nana and her fiance happily eating their food together. He wished he didn't invite his ex-wife to his wedding, but he wanted Laurence to be there for it so he did what he had to do.
  How it hurt each time he had to stare up at them, happily in love. He thought he had gotten over Nana when they divorced, but he knew how he felt about her. He was always going to long for Nana. She was perfect, but everything he wanted and needed was right next to him, dressed in white talking with her friends, looking more gorgeous than ever.
  Zane got up from his seat and excused himself to the bathroom. He needed a minute. Nana acted like none of this affected her. It probably didn't. She looked too happy to still be burdened by the past. He knew Nana. If she didn't want to go to something, she wouldn't go. She wanted to be here. Zane hated the feeling. He knew he still loved her, but he loved Luci.
  He couldn't comprehend the situation he was in, then a meifwa walked out from a stall behind him. He quickly slipped his mask back on to leave, frightened that this guy had just heard him lightly sobbing out of anger and confusion. It was one of the singers in his brother's band. He recognized him from a picture his brother had sent him. Gorgeous ginger hair and a periwinkle show uniform. They locked eyes for a split second before Zane rushed himself out of the restroom and back to his dinner.
  "What took you so long, Hun?" Lucinda said, trying to calm a very nervous Zane that was practically shaking at this point.
  "I'm okay. Don't worry, Sweetheart." He said, clutching Lucinda's hands in his.
  He watched the ginger-haired boy walk out of the bathroom and take a seat next to Vylad. Did Vylad know him? Zane asked himself. They seemed to be talking like they had
known each other for quite some time. They were eating dinner together and laughing at jokes. He had thought that the boy was just here to perform after the dinner, but it seemed like he had been Vylad plus one. He did ask if he could bring someone, but an idol?
  Zane had finally noticed how he was staring at them for quite a while and looked away to begin eating once more.
  Lucinda continued to talk with her bridesmaids while Zane sat there, confused about every feeling he had that day. He had everything he needed, but he wanted more. There was a sharp feeling in his chest that stung like hell. Heartache. He recognized the pain from the moment Nana didn't want him anymore. He didn't understand how people could just get over someone, just like that. It made no sense, but at that moment he finally understood the feeling. Of wanting something, he couldn't have, but knowing a way to fix it.