Chapter 4

"Zane, I'm home!" Lucinda says as she enters the house.
  "How'd it go?" Zane asked while covering a ball of dough with plastic wrap.
  "Good! I'm off of work for a while." Lucinda said, leaning in the door frame, "So all of my attention is yours~" she said, staring at Zane busy in the kitchen.
  "Great, I'm making milk bread for us! Any requests for dinner tonight, my love?" Zane asked. Before cleaning his hands and walking over to Lucinda.
  "Actually, I was wondering if I could invite a friend tonight, you know, to catch up?" Lucinda said, looking down at her shoes.
  "Which friend, honey?" Zane asked, hanging up his apron and drinking from his glass of water.
  "Oh just an old band member, you remember Kai don't you?" Lucinda said.
  Zane choked at the very thought of him.
  "Are you okay, Dear?" Lucinda said, rushing over to him.
"Yeah, I'm fine. What does he like to eat?"

---------

  Lucinda and Kai were sitting at the island in the kitchen catching up, while Zane was nervously cooking food.
  "New York? Wow, Luci, you've been going places!" Kai said, taking another sip of his drink.
  "I sure have! Maybe you can come with me on the next trip," Lucinda replied.
  "Hey, Honey, can you pass me the salt?" Zane said while searing vegetables.
  "Of cour-"
  "I'll get it, Luci, please sit," Kai said, getting up to pass the small salt shaker to Zane.
  Zane tensed up as the other drew in closer, and nearly jumped when he felt them rest their chin on his shoulder as they handed him the container.
  "Hey, this doesn't smell too bad. It's coming together nicely," Kai said, before patting his shoulder and walking back toward Lucinda.
  Zane continued to cook the vegetables trying not to think about what had just occurred.
  "Lucinda, your husband seems to be a great cook," Kai said as he sat back down.
  "Oh yeah! He's amazing at it. I showed you the picture of the cake he made for our anniversary, right?" Lucinda said.
  "He made that? Wow, Lucinda, you found a keeper," Kai laughed.
  "Yep, I have indeed," Lucinda said, winking at Zane before he turned back around to the stove with embarrassment.
  "Alright, that's enough from you Luci, let the man work, I can't wait to taste it," Kai said, walking out into the living room with Luci by their side.

---------

  "Alright you two, dinners ready," Zane said, calling them both from the living room where they sat, playing Mario Kart.
  "Yay, food!" Luci said, jumping from her spot on the couch.
  "I can't wait to try your cooking, Zane," Kai said, sitting down at the dinner table.
  "Oh, well it's nothing much. I didn't wanna scare you off with a super fancy dinner," Zane laughed, and he brought out their plates.
  "Ooo~ it looks delicious like always, baby!" Luci said.
  "Wow, this is 'nothing much'. You should see my dinners," Kai and Lucinda laughed at the comment.
  "Kai, you should come over more often!" Lucinda exclaimed, before taking another bite of her supper.
  Zane held back the cough from that statement, coming over.. More often? No, this is already enough! Please say no.
  "I don't see why not, thank you for your hospitality, Luci," Kai said, glancing at Zane and giving a smirk.
  At that moment, Zane wanted to wisp away from existence.