Chapter 2

After 3 years of marriage, Zane was feeling content in his everyday life. Only visiting Laurence for Laurence, not Nana. Life was great. Lucinda and him had never been happier.
Lucinda had finally gotten noticed by a modeling agency from her time as a part of Garroth's band. She was living her dream while Zane stayed home and cooked and cleaned for her. He was happy.
Besides all of the sudden business trips, they were doing great as a couple. They called every time Luci left so it made Zane feel even better. Every feeling he had back at his wedding was forgotten and all he felt now was love for Lucinda.
It had been a week since Lucinda had left on a trip for modeling in NYC. They had been texting since the second she got on her plane. She was having fun in the city while Zane had gone out for groceries, getting the necessities and a few other things. He got rung up and reached for the bags the cashier had handed him. He thanked the cashier and walked out.
While walking over to the parking lot, the sound of shuffling clothing and muffled sounds had reached his ears. He wondered if he should ignore the sounds, yet the possibility of someone needing help and some of his curiosity got the better of him. Zane reached into his pockets and took out his keys, just in case he needed a weapon and walked towards the source of the sounds.
As he neared, the muffled sounds seemed to become louder and left him wondering if this was a good idea. As soon as he rounded the corner the sight shocked him, and quite frankly he wasn't sure how to react. Leaning against the wall, pants crumpled against his ankles, and hands desperately grabbing at his shaft was the popular idol Kai, whom his wife had done collaborations with. Lucinda's childhood friend he supposed you could call them, for they were in a band together in their younger years.
His face was half-covered by his hands, yet the twitching of his dark ears and long orange hair didn't help him stay hidden at all. The mefwa's tail swayed back and forth frantically as it seemed the man was getting closer to his end, yet everything stopped when the sound of keys clanking onto the ground stunned both of them.
Kai's ears began to swerve every which way in a panic, his golden eyes met with Zane's blue ones, and Zane swallowed the spit that had accumulated in his mouth.
The ginger twitched as he released at the fact he was being watched and Zane quickly turned away his gaze, quietly picking up the keys he had dropped and slipping them back into his pocket.
Kai wiped his hands on a handkerchief he'd pulled out of his pocket and shoved it back into his sweater as he pulled up his pants. The two awkwardly shuffled about on their feet, until the sound of Zane clearing his throat echoed throughout the alley. "Would.. you like a ride home?" The man asked, averting his gaze.
The meifwa paused, staring at him until he let out a nervous chuckle. "No need for that. I have my own car in the parking lot." He said, his velvet voice leaving a ticklish feeling in Zane's ear as he felt the other pat his shoulder.
"Don't look so awkward dear, we know each other well enough. Just forget about this alright?" Kai said, his laugh a bit bolder now as he walked away.
"Yeah, got it," Zane said as he walked to his car with the picture still vivid in his mind.
Zane took a seat in his car, still stationed in the parking lot, pondering what to do now. How do I react if Luci invites him over again? Curse me for trying to be the good guy. He thought, staring blankly through the windshield.
Zane shook his head thinking maybe it would erase the memory, but it definitely didn't. Zane drove home and set the groceries down on the kitchen counter. He put the food in the fridge and some in the cabinets before throwing himself onto his bed. What am I supposed to do now? What do normal people do in this situation? Oh, wait, normal people, don't have to go through this BECAUSE THEY'RE NORMAL!
A ping woke him out of this daze. A text from Lucinda, "Hey! Just checking in, are you doing alright?"
He wanted to tell her all about this awkward encounter, but he restrained himself from saying more than "I'm good, babes. You?"
"I'm swamped with work, but so far we are only looking at a few more weeks!"
Zane was happy that Lucinda would be home soon. Her trip usually lasts for a while so a few weeks was nothing. That would give Zane enough time to try and forget the moment in the alleyway.
It had been a week since the incident when he realized he had run out of milk from all the sweets he had been making to practice for his and Luci's wedding anniversary.
"Damn, I knew I should have bought a gallon," he said, grabbing his keys from the counter. The image once again played in his mind. Kai in the alley. He set down his keys and grabbed his phone out of his pocket. He never usually ordered online, but this was different. He couldn't look at Kai the same way anymore. Whenever he saw him on TV the picture flashed in his mind. It was all he could think about.
He took a deep breath and placed an order for delivery. The milk would be here in 10. Great. Now what to do while he waited?