Chapter 9

A few months had passed since the initial affair. The feeling had still burdened Zane, especially when Lucinda had gotten back from her trip. Zane had visited Kai a few more times before Luci had returned and he felt worse for betraying his wife each time, but the pleasure-filled experiences had clouded his judgment.
  Even after she had returned Zane still had the urge to go see him, but the face of Lucinda made him stay away for a while. Kai still visited often to spend time with the couple, but these visits were different from the previous friendly hangouts they had.
  Kai didn't pass up a moment to tease or flirt with Zane. The occasional glance with a seductive look in the ginger's eyes. He had this.. Aura to him. If that's even how you could describe it. Funny jokes and sweet smiles. All while having his way with Zane when Lucinda was away.
  Lucinda eventually gave Kai a key to the house in case of emergencies or just whenever he wanted to come over, she did however, tell him to give a notice before just entering the couple's home.
Once, he walked in when they were in the middle of a romantic dinner that had gotten a little out of hand. Zane's tie was being held by an amorous Lucinda as she pushed herself over the table, leaning closer and closer to Zane. Kai had gotten scolded for that one. Lucinda kept complaining that 'this was supposed to be a special moment between the 2 of them and they didn't need little meif'wa ruining it.'
  They had many more times after that. Time of happiness and joy and other of love or lust. Cliche, I know. Though the risk of it all excited him, Zane knew that what he was doing was wrong. He never would have thought that this is what he would end up doing in his spare time, or rather more who he was doing in his spare time.
  The rush of excitement whenever Lucinda was away now. He felt terrible, but what she didn't know couldn't hurt her, right? The gut feeling still stayed no matter how hard he tried to convince himself that everything was going to be okay. The lengths they were going to continue this. The feeling of desperation whenever Kai was away pained Zane. Zane was still uncertain if he truly loved Kai, or if this was just to get his mind off of his ex-wife.
  Meeting with Kai got longer and longer. Lucinda came and went, but Kai was almost always there. Zane spent most of his time with him when Luci was away. Zane cooked for him and they baked together. They had a balance between the love and lust they had for each other.
  They went out for coffee and went to the mall together. They had their sensual times together at both Kai and Zane's houses. They became closer and texted often. Every emotion felt intensified when Kai was close to Zane. Like, he couldn't keep back his true desires when met with Kai's 'pure' eyes. Kai always seemed to have that glint. That stare. That look that made Zane go crazy. He couldn't really understand what it was about this meifwa that enticed him so much.
  He was a mess. Was love really in the air? Or was Zane just desperate for the love that had been one sided all throughout his past marriage? But even then, Lucinda gave him everything he needed, right? He didn't need more.. He wanted more. He ached for more. And Kai was that more. Kai was everything he wanted. Sure, he didn't need him, but having him made everything better.
  Zane could finally differentiate the two, want and need. It was easy now. The moments with Kai came and went, but the feeling of Lucinda never left him. Nana, Lucinda, Kai. All of them had something in common. Zane would always long for all three..